Saturday, December 22, 2012

Day 48 Fish OIl study

We are home.  Trying to put away 4 months of stuff....feeling overwhelmed.

Selah had storms all day.  Jon stayed till about noon, then he came back so we could get started on our trip, it's about a 4 hour drive.  We are just heartsick and worried tonight.  We brought a child to Florida who was recovering and full of promise.  Yes she had a long way to go, but she had only gone forward even when she had pneumonia.  Now in less than 2 weeks our child is back to where she was over 2 months ago!  I'm mad and worried.  In my heart I feel it's something to do with the fish oil.  She does not smell fishy at all.  To me that makes me think the fish oil was compromised. All we know is the hospital in NY treated it like it was gold.  Here I've seen it out and on the nurse's cart as rounds were made....  Of course I checked with the doctor's assistant who does the study and he said the fish oil should tolerate that but I can not get away from the fact she does not smell brimy anymore and she is storming....  to me it goes together...

The nurse felt like her first storm this morning was a direct result of the new med she started so those meds have been discontinued.  But she has had issues all day....even if she wasn't storming, her heart rate was much higher than normal and they gave her extra meds. 

PLEASE pray for Selah!!!!!!  We are so scared for her.  Something is terribly wrong and I do NOT believe it is just Selah being "unstable"  she was stable for far too long!!

We are here trying to figure out how to put stuff away and organize the house for Selah.  Jon is going to do the service at the prison and the church tomorrow then we are going back.  I will have to come home and stay for a couple of days to get ready for Selah to come home on Jan 2.  I feel like i have so much to do...

Please please pray for Selah tonight and tomorrow at your church service!  We need help and wisdom.  We don't think we can get things together until Jan 2 to get her home and we'd rather her be stable before we tried to get her home.  I do not know what we are going to do!!!

13 comments:

  1. Your blog was just shared with me by a very good friend who immediately felt that I needed to read up on what you are doing with the fish oil. My daughter, who's 9, has always suffered from significant autonomic storming. Would you be willing to share with me dosing information? I will be reading through all the past posts as time permits. You can reach me at michellefullington2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. spotty internet can you email me? theclanton5@aol.com I will get the doseage and email it to you next week. I truly believe Fish Oil has changed Selah. I don't know WHY she is doing so poorly now. but it worked a miracle from the day she started it!

      Delete
    2. It's almost as if they're not even giving her the fish oil anymore. Are you sure they are?

      Delete
  2. Praying mightily for all of you tonight, with many extra prayers for Selah.
    Have the nurses double-checked the original MD order for the fish oil, to ensure that it was transcribed corrrectly? Once it is written wrong, they would be following what is written, and making errors with every med administration. I don't understand why she doesn't smell fishy, either...doesn't add up.
    How is Sarah?
    I hope that you are at least a little relieved to be home, in spite of all of your new challenges. Thinking of you often today, and sending lots of love along with the hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying and I shared your blog on my facebook page asking for prayer as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Yvonne. No hurry as I know your plate is beyond full. Many prayers for Selah headed your way from Portland, OR.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am definitely praying for Selah!!

    I agree with you...GO WITH YOUR GUT. Something is definitely wrong.

    Either something happened in transport/while you weren't there (driving there) OR there is something not right with the fish oil, OR a medication is interfering with the absorption of the fish oil.

    Excuse me for asking this....has her BMs changed from NY to FL? If she's not absorbing the fish oil--and it's passing thru her, the BMs will be noticeably different--oilier, looser, etc. I know that is such a personal question--but something to consider perhaps.

    I know you are so overwhelmed but God WILL provide. Sending lots of love to you and yours xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am definitely praying for Selah!!

    I agree with you...GO WITH YOUR GUT. Something is definitely wrong.

    Either something happened in transport/while you weren't there (driving there) OR there is something not right with the fish oil, OR a medication is interfering with the absorption of the fish oil.

    Excuse me for asking this....has her BMs changed from NY to FL? If she's not absorbing the fish oil--and it's passing thru her, the BMs will be noticeably different--oilier, looser, etc. I know that is such a personal question--but something to consider perhaps.

    I know you are so overwhelmed but God WILL provide. Sending lots of love to you and yours xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry that she is going downhill :( we are praying for her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry and worried. Maybe I'm totaly paranoid, but have you checked the amounts she gets? Have you seen them actually give it to her? Just thinking about what you've written before about how you didn't quite feel like they saw her full value and potentional because of how she was before the accident. I really hope I'm wrong and I also really hope sweet Selah will son be back to how she was before the move!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hoping that you find the answer. I always go with a mother's instinct. Wishing you peace as you make way into this new life. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. On your fish oil study, be sure to check out the supplement facts so you get the best nutritional value. http://tinyurl.com/c578pfr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr Sear's fish oil is as pure as possible No promblems there!

      Delete