Monday, December 24, 2012

Day 50 fish oil study Christmas Eve 2012

Selah had a great day!  No storming, arms relaxed, attentive in therapy...thank God!  She seems to be recovering.  We still don't know for sure what it was.  She was taken off the new meds but honestly she had regressed long before she went on that medicine.  She got a new bottle of fish oil at the same time.  I still think it was the fish oil, that it had been compromised.  So the hospital will probably say it was the new med, I say it was the fish oil but either way, she is better.  We are praying that she recovers to the point she was before she was transferred down here.  She still had quite a way to go until she gets to that point but at least there has been no further regression!


We went to the candlelight service, it was lovely! I love the liturgical services in the Methodist church.  There is just something comforting about it to me.  Jon was raised Methodist so he is used to it.  I was raised Pentecostal, old time Pentecostal, so I had never been in a "high church" service until after we got married.  It was interesting to me and unusual since I had never been to a church like that.  Over the years, I have come to really appreciate the liturgical services and the meaningful steps in them.  I also like the "no surprises" part of church LOL, I admit it, I love having the whole service in the bulletin, you can guess how long you got left in the service LOL.  You might not appreciate that unless you've been in services that have lasted for days....Just kidding, just hours....

We picked up our supper at Publix again and came home and ate then everyone opened a present.  We started with Sarah since this is her first Christmas!



it is a seat on wheels. Jon called it a "handicapped skate board" and she LOVES it!  she totally understood what to do with it:)  She was so happy it was hard to get a picture of her still:)  she certainly loved her first present!

 
Happy Shad

 
he loves nerf guns:)  he looks like a happy NRA president:)
 
 
Sam remembered what to do

 
Steve has some new jeans

 
Jon got a gift card
 
I had opened my big present at home, it's a machine that has 3 crock pots in it!  I can't wait to use it!!  But it is rather big.  We also left Selah's things at home but I know she got a bean bag chair that will work perfectly for her to sit in!
 
We feel blessed.  Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!
 

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like fighting to protect the integrity of her fish oil is important . . . and hugs to you all and a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ::::Breathing a big sigh of relief:::::
    Hugs, many prayers, and Merry Christmas to all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Clanton family!!! Love these sweet pics of the Christmas Eve gift opening! So thankful that Selah is doing better again! Many prayers for continued improvements now that she is settling in (and the NEW fish oil has been opened - I agree with Mom Clanton on that one!!)! Hope you have a wonderful day celebrating our Lord and Savior!!! (((HUGS))) from a wintry white Rhode Island!

    ReplyDelete