Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Day 52 Fish Oil Study

Selah had a good day.  Jon was with her all day and she was alert.  She responded to the eye threat test with some of the therapists.  No storming thank God!  We are really ready to get her home and see what we can do for her.  We are getting everything set up for her.  Please pray that everything will come together so we can get her home and all of us together again under one roof.  I can hardly even imagine.....  I want to get a big out door swing that I can sit in and hold Selah and swing her.  I think she will love it!  I've got alot of ideas.  I recently applied for a FREE HBOT therapy place in St Pete.  I can't imagine driving her every day to St Pete but if it will help her, it will be so worth it!  Maybe some of my friends will go with me,  I hate driving on that interstate area.

My neck/shoulders have gotten worse.  I've never had anything like this before, it's really painful and makes it hard for me to do anything.  Hot showers seems to help but advil doesn't even touch it.  I don't like taking anything stronger so I'm keeping a heating pad on my shoulders/neck as much as possible.  I am not really sure where the pain is coming from, it's just in that whole area.  I'm stiff too, this growing old stuff is hard:)

I'm jealous of Rochester tonight with their snowstorm...I had really wanted the kids to see a real snow storm but it waited till we left.  I do like the nice heat here in Florida although tonight it is going to get into the 30's for a little while tonight but up to the 50's tomorrow.

Well we are going to go spend some of our gift cards tonight:)  The boys are excited!  Tomorrow is my day with Selah.  Looking forward to spending time with her! 

Please keep praying for Selah.....




10 comments:

  1. if you have a soft tennis ball or similar you could try self massage for your neck and shoulders. If you stand against a wall and put the ball against your back it's great for finding tender points in muscles and woring on them. I get a lot of pain in those areas and it really helps. I hope it gets better for you. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear another positive update on Selah and thank you for taking time to write updates even when you have so much going on. Just a thought, but I think sometimes neck/shoulder pain can also be referred pain for seemingly unrelated things like the gallbladder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also try 20 minutes of an ice pack and see if that helps. Hope you feel better. And I am anxious for your family to get home together again! also try a hot rice bag if you have one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo has a great suggestion. Do you think you might have an impinged shoulder? I had that a few years ago and it was very painful. I couldn't even push the stroller because of the pain. A physical therapist was very helpful for me.
    So glad Selah had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am anxious for you all to get Selah home also! For your shoulder pain, Maybe try an ice pack for 20 minutes every few hours - who has time for that? And if you have a rice bag you can warm up, that might work better than a heating pad. Praying for your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending love and many, many prayers for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use soft balls designed for stretching back and shoulders too, and they are great. Miracle Ball, I think it's called.

    Better yet, fill a big men's tube sock with rice and microwave for 2 min. Best heating pad ever.

    I also use an herbal rub that helps when it is overwhelming pain- made with rosemary, wintergreen, menthol, and I think maybe cayenne. Something like Ben Gay or Icy Hot.

    Hope it gets better quickly for you! Pain makes patience extra hard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying mightily for all, and sending love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Get a tube sock and fill it with rice. Tie the end closed. Microwave for a couple of minutes and place on the area. Can be used over and over and doesn't need to be plugged in!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I swear by biofreeze when everything hurts there. I hope you're feeling better soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete