Monday, February 25, 2013

Day 113 Fish Oil Study

Well Selah woke us up this morning at 5 am with a very dirty diaper and bed!  In 17 years of being a mom, this took the cake:)  LOL  Since I was up, I started on my "to do' list early and got a ton of things done.  The little kids all had Physical Therapy with our at home therapist who will also be here tomorrow.  She was very positive about Selah having the foot/ankle surgery and she feels it will greatly improve Selah's life!  In my gut I felt it was the right thing to do and was glad to hear it confirmed by a professional.

Getting up so early helped me get everyone going and all the kids had a good day.  Shad is flying through his schoolwork and Steve is also doing great.  I did some errands today and again ran into sweet friends who blessed me by telling me how they'd been thinking and praying for us!  I dropped off a load of things at one of my favorite thrift stores "God's Share Program" and the director blessed me with two cute brand new looking shirts for Selah! 

I have some great news!  One of the three children that we had thought abut going back to Ukraine to adopt left his orphanage today with his family!  We are so thrilled for him and for this sweet family!!  So thankful that his life was rescued....  This coming week  a family is going to get one of the girls that we spent alot of time with at the institution.  She wanted a family with all her heart and now she will have one of her very own!  So very thankful!!!   Another family is leaving for a boy and a girl there that we spent some time with interacting.  They will soon be in a family!  And of course soon Sally's family is coming! 

But.... (this tribute by another family)


"Stacey  is dead. Yes, I am not sugar coating it by saying it nicely. She died. Alone. Never having the joy of having a mommy and daddy to hold her and look at her sweet face saying I love you, your life is worth something.

We met Stacey ...when we were adopting Gabe and Levi. She was in Gabe's room. This year she was transferred from the baby orphanage to the mental institution.

The Bible says, "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me."

Is this true when we do nothing? Whatever you don't do for the least of these, you've done to me.

Please just keep this in mind when you see me or others asking, begging, for help in raising funds to bring these orphans home.

Stacey had a family coming for her. But it was too late."
 
 
 
This little girl died...with a family coming...that was my fear for our Sarah as she was so little and weak.  I'm so sorry for this little girl and for the family that must be grieving.  
 
This is real stuff, a little bit more important than taking care of an animal, more important than new clothes at the mall or a cruise.....more important that a chandelier in your church's foyer.....

I know many of you pray for Selah daily and thank you so much for that!  Tonight will you pray for the orphans of the world?  Pray that God will raise up familes to open their hearts and home to them.  Thank you!
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Praying, always praying, for you and Selah and so many, many orphans. Right now I'm praying for a little girl in China who is our oldest/newest daughter's former foster sister and best friend, praying for her to find a family. I wish we could do it, but we have been unemployed for the last eight months and couldn't pass a home study (we're doing ok, just waiting it out as we search for employment). So many, many children needing a family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adding prayers for the orphans to my daily prayers for Selah and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so sorry to hear about Stacey...praying for her family. And you are right..this IS real life and SO important!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for orphans around the world to find their forever family. After three adoptions from China, we are starting another one soon! Praising God for his blessings in advance! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do a fund raiser or have an on line account that folks can give to, let me know and I'll publish it:)

      Delete
  5. How do you know when she wakes up? Still praying every night....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so hard to say...some would say she is not in a coma now and is in a persistant vegative state...or a minumally consicous state... she responds to pain and is somewhat aware of us, maybe more than we think since she had instituional autiusm and doesn't follow that same type of path as far as waking up that most would do.

      Delete
  6. I am so sorry about Stacey. I followed her for a long time and was happy a family committed to her. Are you able to share the Reeces Rainbow names of the little ones you mention so I can put a face to your comments, especially the ones you considered? I follow so many of them.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will ask the families who are home with their little ones if it is ok and if so I'll post their photos:)

      Delete