Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Day 129 FOS ~Rough Day~ Garden pictures

Selah has had a rough day.  She woke up about 5:30 am, I gave her her pain meds and changed a poopy diaper.  Then she was calm and went back to sleep.  Jon got up a little later and she was fine.  But by the time the nurse got her, she was in pain again (I had just given her Motrin as we don't want to give her too much Tylenol with codeine.)  Her blood pressure was high.  She responded to the meds, but was upset off and on all day.  She didn't want to sit up in her chair at all.  THEN her gtube came out again!!!!!!  The balloon had burst, the balloon holds the tubing in.  Thankfully we still had the old smaller one....tomorrow we are getting TWO!  We think that we have just gotten some bad ones.   So tonight we are keeping her on a strict pain management schedule.  She is going to get the meds, even if she seems calm, otherwise it just sneaks up on her!  She will have her casts removed on Friday and changed so we'll see if there is anything going on that is covered by the casts.  She hasn't ran a fever but I just feel so bad for her. 

The boys and I did finish more of the beds in the garden today.
 
Here's me in my happy place:)  The two beds behind me I put in onion bulbs.  And the one on the right side back has potatoes in it  I have 15 square foot gardens.  Each are 4 feet by 4 feet and so easy to maintain.  I also have about 20 strawberries hanging up and 2 handing tomatoes plants and herbs in containers. 

 
Sitting on the swing with the ONE remaining cat I can pet, Henry.  I have Lavender in both of the pots beside the swing and that is a honeysuckle vine behind me. 

 
 

 
 
 I could look across the yard to where the boys were watering the plantings:)  I'm a good supervisor. 


 
Really liked the news about the new Pope.  He sounds like a very humble man.  I love what I read about him "As archbishop of Buenos Aires, he reportedly rode the bus to work, did his own cooking and visited the poor in Argentine slums. Instead of living in an archbishop's palace, he chose to live in a small room in a downtown Buenos Aires home. "   Also "The name Francis is a clear indication of his desire to focus on the poor."  He is very conservative as well as pastoral.   We need ministerial leaders who are humble.....  Like the name he took, Francis, no one is sure why he chose that name exactly but one of Selah's nurses is a Franciscan Monk although we don't know alot about the different orders in the Catholic Church, we know some and like the sacrificial lifestyle embraced by that order. 
 
http://natepyle.com/confronting-the-lie-god-wont-give-you-more-than-you-can-handle/  This is a blog written by a pastor.  A friend sent it to me knowing how much I HATE when someone tells me "God won't give you more than you can bear"   Since that is NO wheres in scripture, it drives me BATTY!  This is such a honest, good post....I've subscribed to this pastor's blogs, I love honesty and sincerity and I see it in his writings. 
 
One more thought before I close....
 
http://everlastingmomentum.blogspot.com/2013/03/our-jonathan-is-arms-of-god.html  This family was just a few weeks from traveling to adopt their son.....he passed away....never having known the love of a family....please pray for their hearts right now....I was so afraid of this happening to Sarah, since she was so obviously weak and frail....I can imagine some of their pain as I too got a phone call telling us the little boy we'd loved had been adopted by another family.  We grieved....but we knew he was going to be loved...of course this little guy is in heaven and has the love of God with him now but it still must hurt this family so much.   Please keep this sweet family in prayer!
 
Please pray that Selah will have a good night tonight!  Thank you for all your prayers for us and for others!!!!!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...yes--there is someone else out there who thinks the way I do about the "God not giving us more than we can handle" sentiment!!! My view sure is not a popular sentiment, but if we *could* handle some of the stuff (ahem...the life you are living right now???), would we really need God?? Anyway, that was my vent for the day. Praying for your sweet family--even praying blessing on your seeds and plants :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yvonne, I'm NO expert but my little nephew has a G-tube for feeding. He has cerebral palsy, is 10 years old and has had this all of his life and there has been maybe one incident where the balloon has ruptured. Something is not being done right (I have a gut feeling.) and maybe the balloon is being over filled? Or perhaps you should have the g-tube switched to a "mickey button", where only the port remains in, while you can remove the tube when you are done feeding and giving meds.

    Like I said, I don't know exactly what you have and you may have already looked into all that or already have the "mickey button" but I thought I'd just throw that out there.

    Praying for your girl...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Actually she has a mickey I jsut call it a gtube since most folks know what that is the best. I've put them in and inflated the ballon myself so I don't think it's that.... We all are thinking we just got a couple of defective ones from the same lot.

      Delete
  3. hi! im reading your blog from awhile now. im from argentina and i want to thank you for your words about the pope. we are so so happy. what are telling of him is all true. hope he gives our church the good changes which are so needed. praying for selah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he sounds like a very fine man who will bring focus to the Catholic Church and be a wonderful influence on the church world wide!! I've never been so excited about a Catholic Pope before! Thanks for your prayers!!!!!

      Delete
  4. Great link to the saying you dislike - so true that when we hit bottom and need uplifting the most it is there. Stinks but true and also true this saying is not from the bible...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been following your blog since the accident but never commented before. When I read about the g-button balloon popping again, I thought I should suggest that you contact the manufacturer. If my son's button malfunctions within the first month of insertion, we contact the manufacturer and they have sent a replacement one and asked for the defective one back if you still have it so they can examine it. My guess is that the fish oil is very hard on the button material and this will continue to happen :(
    Hang in there and know that you are being prayed for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone is sure that we just got some defective ones. She had been getting the fish oil for 4 months and never had a prbolem till the size was change and we probably got both of them from the same Lot number

      Delete
    2. I would definitely contact the manufacturer then and ask them to replace them. I know how expensive they are! They have been very helpful to us when we have had defective buttons.

      Delete