Friday, March 29, 2013

Good Friday

Good Friday has always been hard for me to wrap my head around.   I believe everything in the Bible, but I don't understand the "why" of everything in there.  It's hard to fathom that someone, God Himself had to die for my sins!  I am thankful for the Cross and what it means....

Yesterday Jon brought home a beautiful picture of Selah that one of the inmates drew.  I love it, it's in her room, sitting right by her bed! 




Jon and the boys spent most of the afternoon outside.  What gorgeous weather today.  They did target practice wit the bow and with the BB gun.  Then they got a game of basketball in.  I love seeing them outside and playing...

Although this is Steve a few minutes ago ....  he plays Xbox with his friends.  One of his friends lives in NY so they can talk to each other via the headsets.   I prefer him playing outside!
 
Selah has had a good day today, no issues.  She had PT and did well.  Please keep her in prayer, next week is a big week for her!  Last night we had to suction her about 6 or 7 times during the night, deep suction.  That is unusual for her and we are sleepy today. 
 
A year ago today we were frantically packing last minute things, realizing we were leaving the next day for a trip that would change our life and grow our family.  It was a warm evening and one of my good friends Jean came and took us out to eat at "5 Guys and a Burger"  It was one of my last good meals for weeks:)  Jon worked late at the prison, tying up loose ends, since we had no idea how long we'd be gone!  I could barely sleep as I was very nervous about the trip and all the obstacles that laid before us.   I had an inking of what lay ahead and it was very scary to me.  Go back and read my blogs of March of 2012!  I was petrified of taking my kids overseas for an extended amount of time, afraid of all the emotional issues of being at a mental institution for weeks, the travel itself, ...oh gosh...everything was flooding my mind that night!  It was an overwhelming place to be at....
 
So tomorrow starts the pictures and stories that I couldn't share last year.....

No comments:

Post a Comment