Sunday, March 24, 2013

When the Roll is Called Up Yonder I'll be There!

http://kacirek.blogspot.com/2013/03/link-to-help-lucia.html  If you would like to help Lucia, the little girl that must fly home on 1st class due to her disability.  This is the link you can give to.  She is being adopted from the girls' institution and she is badly deformed from years of neglect but has a happy heart.   Some have asked how to give to her and now there is a link up.  You have to scroll down and click on it.  Then on the donation write the Kiack family!  Thank you!

Today we had a sweet service at our church.  Dr & Mrs Charles Estridege spoke.  They formerly were teachers at Southeastern where Jon and I graduated from.  They are now missionaries to Togo and are teaching at the Bible College there.  We'd always had loved them but hadn't seen them in many years.  When you are a minister and you have friends all over the globe that happens sometimes.  The times you are together are very poignant. 

Well this morning the a/c unit of our church wouldn't click on!  Early this morning I had my poor son go up in the attic to see if the switch had thrown, that has happened.  It had NOT so we have no idea what is going on...GULP!  So we had to open all the windows.  Yes we live in Florida and today is a balmy windy day.  It was nice:)  As a child I grew up going to "camp meeting" at open air tabernacles, I loved it back then even tho it was hot sometimes and sometimes there were bugs:)  But there is noting like belting out the old hymns under the ceiling fans!  So this morning reminded me of that time in my life.  Our music director sings a great mixture of new songs, old hymns and choruses from the 80's/90's, no one can say they didn't like some aspect of the worship.  So this morning we sang a "few oldies but goodies" and finished up with the song "When the Roll is Called up Yonder, I'll be there" 

When the trumpet of the Lord shall sound, and time shall be no more,
And the morning breaks, eternal, bright and fair;
When the saved of earth shall gather over on the other shore,
And the roll is called up yonder, I’ll be there.

Refrain
When the roll, is called up yonder,
When the roll, is called up yonder,
When the roll, is called up yonder,
When the roll is called up yonder I’ll be there.
 
On that bright and cloudless morning when the dead in Christ shall rise,
And the glory of His resurrection share;
When His chosen ones shall gather to their home beyond the skies,
And the roll is called up yonder, I’ll be there.

Refrain
Let us labor for the Master from the dawn till setting sun,
Let us talk of all His wondrous love and care;
Then when all of life is over, and our work on earth is done,
And the roll is called up yonder, I’ll be there.

Refrain
 
you can hear Twalia Paris singing it here.....
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bk3gwyw5ps


That song spoke to me, maybe because we had our former teacher speaking ( although they didn't call roll in college lol)  but just thinking of various friends all over the world who are fulfilling their destinies serving the Master till life is over.....and how we will all stand before the Master one day.....  I'm not a big emotional person but I cried throughout most of the service. NOT because I was sad, but heaven & eternity seemed so close and the need of this earth seemed so great.....  Do you have those moments when you feel like for a second or two you can grasp "eternity"...  I do have those times, when I get that glimpse  of eternity.  That really keep me going....  Thinking of the day when we stand before the King, and all is made right, the tears are wiped away forever, where there will be no more suffering, no pain, no death, no goodbyes....  On that day there will be no more orphans..... What a day that will be.....  But the song reminds of to labor for the Master until our life on earth is done....  I want to do that, I want  my life to be a life that is busy about the Father's business.   I feel I have had so many wasted opportunities ...I've wasted years of my life.  Years I can't ever get back. 

So that is what is in my heart tonight.  My heart is stirred, I'm thinking of various friends who labor for God throughout the world, some in countries I can't even mention, because their lives could be in danger.....

So on that day, when the Book is open, and my name is called....I will answer...I may be battered, bruised dirty but I will answer.  have you ever seen the movie "The Inn of the Sixth Happiness"?  It is a movie about a missionary to China, Gladys Aylward.    Here is a clip from the movie....one of the very last scenes is what just touches me as Gladys walks in with her band of dirty, tired orphans...she walks into safety from the Japanese, to the sounds of a cheering throng of folks who can hardly believe this white woman made it through all the hardships to safety for herself and the children.  The first time I watched this movie I sobbed like a baby at this point.  I can so relate to it.  I picture waling into heaven a bit like this scene.....  And I hope that is how I do walk into heaven, a bit torn, ragged and dirty with a band of folks with me....    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHUSIJx3630


Often I write my blog more based on my life and based on the readers who would normally follow me , who may be believers.  If you are not, I would be remiss not to tell you how you to can have the faith that has sustained me.  Just reach out to God, confess your sin, and believe on Jesus.  Ask Him to lead you to a good church where you will get more teaching.  I can recommend one if you'd like to write me personally at theclanton5@aol.com    You won't regret giving your life to Christ, it won't just be empty words, He is a real and living God.  I KNOW because if I can feel His substaing power during the darkest times of my life, then it is real.....   Can't fake the presence of Jesus when you are walking through the valley of the shadow of death.  I didn't have anyone there preaching me a sermon, or singing some sweet song to me or even praying for me as I sat night after night by my daughters bed.  It wasn't emotions that brought me through that horrible time and that is still bringing me through.... emotions won't carry you but Jesus will.    I'm so very grateful to God for His help.  The bible says that "God is our refuge and God is our strength, a very present help in trouble"  and I can testify to you that He is all of that and more. 

Thank you for praying for Selah....today we had special prayer for her.  She sat through church.  She has been strangely relaxed although we have cut back on her pain meds.  In this Easter season, I can't have but renewed hope for Selah.  We have many things in the works for her therapy wise but I believe God can do in one minute what man can never do.  Please keep her in prayer!










9 comments:

  1. I watched that movie late last year on netflix...it was a very moving story and very poignant. Thank you for reminding me of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I hope it's a simple fix for your A/C!

    If you haven't read the book or seen the movie, China Cry is *incredible* and is a true story....blew me away.

    Glad to hear Selah had a good day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have followed your story for quite a long time now BUT only tonight as i was scrolling through the 2012 homecoming page on RR did i SEE that your family and our family are right next to each other. I love your heart....thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww.....now I will have to check it out!!!!!!
      thank you!

      Delete
  4. The Inn of the Sixth Happiness is next in queue from Netflix. Looking forward to watching something worthwile. Also, I love what you have said about earth and eternity. Melissa Flores, a teacher from our church recently spoke on that very subject if you are interested in watching. Here's the link.
    The Eternal God
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/WorldLighthouse#/recorded/29173860

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been following your story since the day of the accident. I went back and was reading some old posts. One was about Selah's movements being only from the brain stem. Is this still the case, or is there more purposeful movement? Praying for your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been following you since the day of the accident. I was going back through some earlier posts and saw one about Selah's movements being only from the brain stem. Is this still your opinion? Or do you think she has more purposeful movements? Praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny you should ask as today she was defineley doing some movement on her own. she still has "postering" which is basic brain stem like movement when all her limbs move at the same time in a sorta startle relex but she has times now that she makes some "good" movements:) Today was a good day for that and we're praying for more. Thanks for you prayers!

      Delete
  7. Great post! I'm still following along your journey and praying and hoping too. Our youngest is our big challenge and I get great relief talking to my Dad about my struggles with her. He told me "never stop trying and hoping, you have to keep believing she can accomplish everything." I feel the same about your relationship with your children...just keep at it! Some days it just takes a breath of that old familiar air to remind us why we're doing what we're doing. Happy Easter season to you all!

    ReplyDelete