Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Selah update....DAP appointment

Selah had a much better night in the hospital although her heart rate stayed around 120 which is high.  she was able to sleep thank God as was I!!!  Last night's sleep was WONDERFUL!  I will never take sleep for granted again!

The doctor didn't make rounds until late this afternoon.  I was home, with the kids trying to figure out what to do.  I was afraid they'd send her home and I felt like there was something going on with her.  Well they got back more of her tests and she is growing a bacteria!  Thank God....I'm thankful there is a REASON for all of this.  My fear was the meds were no longer helping her.  See she takes medicine for her blood pressure and heart rate not because there is anything wrong with her heart but because her brain was damaged in the area that regulates those things.  So the worse case scenario was that the meds were not working.  So now she is on an IV antibiotic until more of the bacteria grows and they can tell exactly which antibiotic she needs.  Right now she is on a broad base antibiotic.  The doctor said her body has fought very well on its own so far.  For a child who is as compromised as she is, she has done very well.  She probably won't come home until Thursday at this point but she should be on the road to recovery by then. 

So please keep our girl in prayer....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So a year ago today was our DAP appointment...the appointment we waited for so long....

We got up early, was picked up by our driver, and took to the even older section of town.  We got out on the old cobble streets my heels got stuck in the road.  I hung on to Jon's arm as we walked around the construction of the government building.  We walked into the most nondescript small door, into a small old hallway.  There were a few other families there waiting also.  Most I knew from our on line chatting.  We were all excited, a bit nervous..we didn't know what we'd be asked in the appointment.  Our name was called and we went up the stairs to a dingy little waiting area and into a crowded office.  We were given their files and saw their baby pictures that were passed to us and it was indicated for Jon to put them in his jacket...(talk about feeling like we were in a spy novel)  We really weren't asked any questions, just told to come back on Tuesday (the next day) to pick up the referrals (that are typed on thick paper and sewed by hand-remember this is official paperwork) 

 
the church behind the government building

 
view of Kiev it's set on 7 hills.  I love Ukraine!


 
Jon and me:)

 
statue outside building

we bought this hat for Steve

 
inside...we look chubby all bundled up LOL

downtown

 

 
 


 
 


We were so very happy to have that appointment behind us.  Now we knew the paperwork was being prepared for us and that the girls were 100% available for international adoption.  Also while we were in the appointment, a call was made to the institution to ensure they were there and alive....

We were scheduled to come back on Tuesday afternoon ( the next day) for our paperwork.  Our facilitator was planning on taking us to a WWII museum that morning, we'd get our paperwork and then jump on the train to head out to our girls!  What an exciting time....


I almost forgot to add their baby pictures.  Sarah had more....

 
Sarah as a newborn....

 

 
At the baby house where she could stand up against the wall like she does now.  When we got to her, she couldn't hold her head up and only could roll on the floor

Standing at the baby house
 
Selah when she came into the system, around 2 years old
 
 
My little girls...wish I could have had them from their birth....

3 comments:

  1. Praying they find the answers for Selah's illness QUICKLY! I am glad she is so strong....such a fighter!! Hoping she can still get her casts off soon too.

    Such sweet, sweet baby faces :)

    We never want our kids to go through problems and heartache...and they definitely should NEVER have been mistreated.....but perhaps this is why they are so strong, so determined. Selah is a FIGHTER thru this, and Sarah standing/walking--determination GLOWS from her whole body! They have their real mama now--and they will continue to thrive, I know it.

    I love seeing pictures of other countries (I have traveled very little)....and I'm sure places like Ukraine have a more "old world" look to them. No wonder your eldest is so interested in learning Russian!

    Glad you are getting some rest--have to take care of yourself too.

    Always praying....I am lighting a candle on Saturday for a friend whose son passed away a year ago--I will light one for Selah too.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been following your blog since the day of the accident. You and your family utterly amaze me. I include all of you in my prayers daily. All of your children are such gems. I look at their pics and find something endearing such as Shad's marvelous smile. Steve is such a fine young man and so selfless for a young man his age. Sarah is just beautiful and Sam just seems to go with the flow. Selah makes my heart sing and cry all at the same time. Sometimes it's just hard to accept His will, I guess. Just know that one more Floridian knows and cares and prays for your family as well as learns from your faith and joy. Pam Clark

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been following your blog since the day of the accident. You and your family utterly amaze me. I include all of you in my prayers daily. All of your children are such gems. I look at their pics and find something endearing such as Shad's marvelous smile. Steve is such a fine young man and so selfless for a young man his age. Sarah is just beautiful and Sam just seems to go with the flow. Selah makes my heart sing and cry all at the same time. Sometimes it's just hard to accept His will, I guess. Just know that one more Floridian knows and cares and prays for your family as well as learns from your faith and joy. Pam Clark

    ReplyDelete