Thursday, October 24, 2013

Eternity

Today was a busy day....LOL  every day is a busy day around here.....

We first went to Lakeland and picked up our winnings at Sonny's.  Steve had texted and won a "Tailgate Party".  It included a grill/smoker, 2 nice camp chairs, a cooler, Sonny's sauce set  and a big tent/awning:)  We also stopped by the Family Christian bookstore so I could get a new CD of "Big Daddy Weave".  Then we rushed home so Sarah could have her Physical Therapy.  Then on to pick Shad up and go to the other side of the county to Steve's ortho appointment and my favorite "whole organic" supermarket. 

Also today we had an extremely complicated situation with Selah's insurances and meds get worked out today.....And on top of it all being worked out, we may even be refunded all the $100 copays we've made over the past 9 months!!!!! but it is so wearying to have to fight fight fight all the time......!!!!!!!!

While at the bookstore I picked up a book "Appointments with Heaven" by Dr Reggie Anderson.  I'm interested, as most folks are, about heaven but some of the "Christian " books are just plain WERID!   The only other one that didn't make me feel uncomfortable was "90 minutes in Heaven"  ( what I mean is many of the books say things that don't line up with the bible)   I saw the book was foreworded by Mary Beth and Steven Curtis Chapman so that gave me hope it was not some flaky book.......well I could not put the book down, I read it all today despite all the crazy running around we did! 

Awwww......this book made me look towards eternity.....a reminder that one day all things will be made new and all heartaches will be gone......   I needed that reminder......I NEEED that reminder every day!  

It's a good book and it will encourage you to look at death differently.

I'll be honest I am "scared to death of death"  I trust God and I do believe in heaven, it's just the getting there and the separation that frightens me.  I'm so afraid of leaving my little ones.....   this book was like a breath of fresh air.  I encourage you to get a copy and read it.  I sped through it, I need to go back and read it slower.


I wanted to clarify something with Selah's HBOT treatments.  The clinic advised us to wait at least 6 weeks in between treatment sets to get the BEST outcome based on what they have seen before.  We did 20 days/2x a day for a total of 40 treatments.  Then we waited....and looked at things to see if we should do it again.  We think we should do it again and see if we have anymore significant changes in Selah.  Oh I pray we do!!!!!!  

The schedule is grueling, getting her up and there 2x a day.  Nothing else can be done during those 20 days.  The treatment takes up the whole day but it is worth it if it helps Selah even a little.  I still can't say that I whole heartedly endorse HBOT BUT there is enough proof that there were some changes in her so I think we should try it again.  If there is just a chance to help her some, how can we NOT do it?????


Thank you all for your prayers.  We will again be praying and attempting to do the Daniel Fast during her HBOT sessions.  I say attempting the fast LOL!  It was hard to do and be so busy.  We know God knows how seriously we want our daughter to be healed.  But we also recognize He is a God of grace!


1 comment:

  1. Yvonne,
    You don't know me, but I've been following your blog for awhile. I pray for sweet Selah and hope the best for her.

    There was a story on my local news about a lost dog that is a "best friend" to a 6 yr old boy who reminded me of Selah. I am sending you the link if you'd like to check it out.

    http://www.jrn.com/ktnv/news/Family-desperately-looking-for-missing-dog-that-helps-quadriplegic-son-228872861.html

    I will keep sending my prayers. ((hugs))
    ~Christine

    ReplyDelete