Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Great Day LOTS of pictures......New bike and baby turtle.....a day in the life of the Clanton family

I have to admit we had a very good IEP homebound meeting this morning.  didn't have as many as expected as somethings are still being set up but I feel like it was a productive NON adversarial  meeting.   There have been many changes in the administration of our area and I'm basically dealing with new people.  They all seem like they see the need for my three little ones to have services and have them as quick as possible.  That is very appreciated!  So hopefully things will begin to take place so that we can get all the services all three of them need.  Sam will just start again with what he had and I was pleased with the amount of services he was getting.  The girls still need a few evaluations.  I have to say I am happy with the outcome of this meeting as long as things proceed as stated.

Then I had my weekly appointment with my friend:)  We only have 2 hours a week we can get together and those two hours are very important to me.  We had a good lunch and a good talk.  Some deep conversation along the lines of "Pentecostal"  It's funny my friend is coming from a Baptist background and has gone through quite a progression in the last decade.....at the same time, I'm coming from a Pentecostal background and have gone through quite a "regression (some would say) in the last decade.  We are about at the same spot I guess LOL  But I don't believe in eternal security,.   Today we touched on that issue too.  We were talking about hell being a FOREVER place of punishment....no get out of jail card.....  and I said, "I believe in eternal damnation just not eternal security.  We both got a laugh out of that!   Eternal security basically is a doctrine that most Baptist believe, that once you become a Christian, you are always a Christian no matter how far from God you may walk.  I do not believe that......  anyhow we had a really good time talking doctrine and eating Sonny's:)

Then a rush to pick up Shad and back to the church to meet with our bookkeeper....got all that done.....

While we were having our IEP, our Physical Therapist was working with the kids.  Sarah and Sam got to use the handicapped accessible bike.   Thank you so much to the wonderful family who gave it to us!  Both kids took to it immediately and really enjoyed it.  I walked outside to see Sarah just pedaling away and almost started crying!!   This is a little girl who until a year and a half ago was considered bed-ridden and hopeless......  This is a girl who was strapped to a bed.....


 
Look at her go!
 
 
 

 

 
she is doing it all herself!
 
 

 
my fav picture of her!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Now here goes Sam!
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

just needed a little guidance in steering
 
 
 

 
 
 

LOVE this picture
 
 
And I have to say a BIG thank you to our wonderful therapist Ms Chris!  She has added so much to all three of my little ones' lives in the past 9 months she has been working with them. 
 
 
 
 
Look what Shad found right outside the church!
A baby snapping or alligator turtle.
I've never seen one this small

 
 
 

 
 
LOVE this picture of Shad and his turtle!

 
 
 
see that pointed head?  If he were big, he'd be biting and snapping at us.  these guys are MEAN!!
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
Steve took it to the corner of the swamp and let it go...
 
Live Free.....

 
 
 
And if you are wondering what a Camo bathroom looks like.....
Thanks to Shad....

 

 
Thought you'd like all these pictures:) 
 
It's been a good day!
 
Selah is doing good, our bookkeeper said she looked focused and more alert than the last time he saw her which was months ago.  I LOVE hearing things like that!!!!!!!  Please keep her in your prayers.

7 comments:

  1. Your post today communicated such joy as you face obstacles. Thank you for the encouragement...it is needed on this end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to be argumentative at all but curious as to what you believe about John 10:27-29, ohn 10:27-29
    New International Version (NIV)
    27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[a]; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.

    I do have to admit that I've been Baptist "all my life" and my thought has always been that if one has truly become born again, then they have eternal security. My thought is that they wouldn't continue in sin if truly repentant.

    Just wondered what you think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think anyone or anybody can snatch us from the Father's hand but I do believe we can take our selves out of his hand. Just like a sheep can walk away form the shepherd, we could walk away from God. I don't think one sin can keep us from heaven but living a lifestyle of sin can. there is a balance in there somewhere.....

      I've never understood that Baptist thought of "if someone lives in sin they were never saved" my friend says that too but I know folks who were real chrisitans who let sin creep in and they are not living for God at all now....I think they were saved but they walked away and I just can't believe that someone who lives in habitual sin will go to heaven. BUT there is a balance and I think the pentcostals really used to preach that you had to live a almost sinless life to go to heaven....there has to be a balance in there somewhere.....

      Delete
    2. Thank you for sharing that clarification. That is exactly what I feel as well.

      Delete
  3. Wow that Camo bathroom is LOUD! :) But my boys would love it too. That or Gothem City painted on the wall.
    Congratulations on your successful IEP. May you have many more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just have to say I LOVE the pictures of Sarah & Sam on the bike!! What a wonderful blessing! Your family is always in our prayers and on the prayer list at church.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Love Love that bike!! What an awesome thing for someone to bless you with!!

    ReplyDelete