Saturday, December 14, 2013

A Madea Christmas

Steve and I just came back from seeing "A Madea Christmas"  here's a clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SLe_EIpeWI     Tyler Perry who is the creator/writer plays a heavy older black woman and he plays her well!  Tyler Perry is really my favorite writer/director/actor around.  Madea movies are mostly comedies BUT they all have a moral/Christian theme and he is not afraid to take about Jesus in them.   Now Madea has a potty mouth on her, but I love how she "cuts to the chase" on issues. And you know sometimes, you just have to say what you have to say....and let the chips fall!

Most everyone has a Madea in their family or they know someone like her.  I had a little tiny old white lady Madea in my family(my grandmother).....they might not have looked the same, but they were cut from the same cloth.  I truly did not appreciate her insights back years ago as I do now!  She used to embarrass the  "heck" out of me.  Not only was she extremely opinionated, she was extremely DEAF and LOUD!  Now I just look back and laugh at so many things she said and MOST of the time, she "hit the nail on the head".    My family worries I will become this generations' Madea!  At least I still have my hearing!!!

Madea is my hero:)   Steve loves to tell me she is not real....I insist she is!  What I love is she doesn't take any crap and she also just says what she thinks (and usually what needs to be said)  Steve also threatens to hide all my Madea movies and not take me to anymore LOL 

So maybe she is not the best role model for a pastor's wife .....but sometimes I think she is a lot more real than a lot of folks I know!

Anyhow go see the movie, see if you don't laugh and like her character and appreciate the way the movies always manage to get in some gospel truth and a good message.  (Also Larry the Cable Guy was in it as well as the lady who said "I ain't got no time for that" and the man "hide your kids, hide your wife etc....LOL)


I'm also on a reading frenzy!  I read 3 books yesterday:)  I stayed up till 2 am to read!  How do I do that with all I do, I can read and do about 3 tasks at once.  today I am reading "Never Trust A Liberal Over 3-espicially a Republican" by Ann Coulter.  She is a Republican Madea and cracks me up also.  She actually is very smart.  I read a lot of books, by many different people, some I agree with and some I don't agree with.  The reason I read so much is I feel like it is good to know what others think and it is interesting.  Well Ann Coulter will tell you what she thinks, that is for sure and has the facts to back it up.  For a serious commentator she needs to wear more clothes!  LOL  Now I have all the guys going to look for her books!  And BTW, I agree with a lot she says. 

So between Madea and Ann Coulter, don't mess with me anytime soon!  I'm "just sayin'"

So all the kids are doing good.  Selah, of course, has not lifted her head like that again.  My little ones tend to do something ONCE and then that is it.....at least for awhile.  Sarah also has not said Mama again either.....

Looking forward to Sunday, I really encourage you to find yourself a church home if you don't have one.  There is just something to be said about meeting together with the same folks weekly and sharing life with them. 

Thank you always for your prayers for Selah and our family!!!!!!!  I am grateful!





3 comments:

  1. I love reading your posts--an encouragement to me to be who I am...all for God's glory and not for anyone else's 'patronizing'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yvonne. I follow your blog closely and pray for your family often. The following is some of Ann Coulter's work perhaps you are not familiar with? This was taken verbatim from www.cnn.com.

    Coulter was addressing a tweet she sent following the third presidential debate between Obama and GOP nominee Mitt Romney.

    "I highly approve of Romney's decision to be kind and gentle to the retard," she posted to the social networking site.

    She said in the interview she chose the word "because it's a synonym for 'loser.' " She professed to have used the word since.

    Among the reaction to her post was a slew of critical tweets, as well as a blog post addressed to her by Special Olympic athlete John Franklin Stephens that went viral.

    "Come on Ms. Coulter, you aren't dumb and you aren't shallow. So why are you continually using a word like the R-word as an insult?" he wrote in the letter. "I'm a 30 year old man with Down syndrome who has struggled with the public's perception that an intellectual disability means that I am dumb and shallow. I am not either of those things, but I do process information more slowly than the rest of you. In fact it has taken me all day to figure out how to respond to your use of the R-word last night."

    Stephens appeared separately on "Piers Morgan Tonight" Friday.

    "The word retard is offensive, and that I should not be a symbol for someone who is dumb and shallow," he said. "If they wanted to use me as a symbol, use me as a symbol for someone who fights adversity."

    Coulter said "language police" were dictating what words should and should not be used, and denied the term was offensive at all.

    "It's offensive according to whom? Moron, idiot, cretin, imbecile, these were exactly like retard, once technical terms to describe people with mental disabilities," she said. "Changing the word doesn't change the definition. I was not referring to someone with down syndrome. I was referring to the president of the United States."

    In addition, those who are offended by the word have little ground, she suggested.

    Thought you'd want to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your prayers!

      I may have to write AC myself! Now that you bring this up, I vaguely remember something about it. I usually follow things pretty closely but it might have happened when other things were going on with us and I didn't get involved! I HATE that she used that term even tho I don't like who she used it on. I understand the whole "word police" and I do think that on somethings but not on the word retarded when used like this.

      I'm one of the few moms who will say my child is mentally retarded, and I say it in a MEDICAL way. Sometimes the terms like "delayed" just doesn't cut it since delayed implies that the child will catch up........ BUT I have unfriended people for saying the word retarded in a way that AC did!

      Delete