Thursday, December 19, 2013

And Here's to you Mr Robertson.....

Well Phil Robertson angered the Homosexual community because he answered a question posed to him by GQ magazine about his religious beliefs and about sin, saying, “start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men.” Then, the GQ writer paraphrases Corinthians saying, “don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers — they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”    You can read more here....   http://tv.yahoo.com/news/duck-dynasty-e-suspends-phil-robertson-following-gay-003417098.html  

I agree with Phil.  Not because I hate homosexuals, but because the bible says it is sin.  There is nothing anyone can ever tell me that would change my mind.   I've read that 45% of Americans agree that homosexuality is a sin.  Glad that they acknowledge it, but it would not matter to me is 0% of Americans believed it was a sin, I still would because my beliefs are NOT based on popular mainstream idea that can change.  It's based on the word of God that doesn't change.  I also think all the other sins mentioned there in the bible are still sin whether the rest of the world believes that or not.  I don't' believe they are sin because I am so perfect.....but because God is perfect and He stated in the bible that they are sins. 


 Phil Robertson has issues a statement saying  “I myself am a product of the 60s; I centered my life around sex, drugs and rock and roll until I hit rock bottom and accepted Jesus as my Savior. My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.
“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”

So now he is suspended by A&E for his personal views....

So you take this guy and his family, put them on tv, they become the top rated cable show....because of their beliefs and their family values and the fact they are funny as can be.....and then you ask him a question and he answers it based on his belief system....and you freak.....  Really is anyone surprised he answered like this?  I'm proud that he had the backbone to say what he believed. 

There is also a small attack going on about his views on race....  In the same interview he was asked about growing up in the South during segregation....and he responded by saying, “I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person. Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field…. They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!… Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”  

So he answered about HIS experience of growing up in the south and now the NAACP is jumping all over this....

Well jump on this NAACP, I'm not as old but I grew up in the 60's & 70's in a very small southern town and I never saw with my eyes the mistreatment of any black person.   Now I'm not saying things didn't happen, I'm not stupid but I never saw it.  How can someone argue or get angry about another person's experience???  I did see ONE KKK parade in downtown Perry BUT no one wanted them there, there was NO support for the KKK and the few people who were watching the parade actually made fun of the KKK.  I happened to be down town when it happened.  So I did see some idiots under white sheets but if anything they were laughed at. I was maybe 10 years old and I was very scared by having the KKK in our town.  If I remember correctly they were from another town and were trying to get some new members.  From what I saw, they were not successful but it was frightening to have them there. I've heard the "N" word used by people, both blacks and whites and some Hispanics ( I worked with the migrants picking peaches to earn money for college) but I don't classify that as mistreatment, just people running their mouths.    So hello to the rest of the country, just because we lived in the South doesn't mean we saw blacks hung from trees or beaten.  Things like that were awful but it's not like it was commonplace, every day behavior that anyone who lived in the South, during that time,  were used to seeing! 

BTW, one of Phil's beloved grandsons is of black ancestry..... he was adopted into their family.  Any of the NAACP have any adopted white children or grandchildren????  I doubt it!

I'm proud of Phil Robertson for stating his beliefs and not being afraid of the backlash.  He knew when he answered the questions that he was NOT being politically correct BUT he didn't stop from saying the truth of what he believes!

In this day and age, we hear and see all kinds of silly filth on tv.  Miley Cyrus performed lewd acts on tv, yet I don't see anyone suspending her.  We hear all kinds of foolish talking and no one has a problem with it.  But let someone say something that the Bible says, then everyone is up in arms about it! 

In America we have free speech UNLESS you say something that the liberals don't' agree with!  It would be funny if it wasn't so sick.  In America, crucifixes in bottles of urine are free speech.  Nasty language is free speech,  young women groping themselves on tv is free speech....but if you say anything that doesn't agree with the left liberals then all of a sudden you are a HATER.   I wonder why they don't' call themselves haters as they hate everything that is not what they believe.

Me personally, I can like someone  it doesn't matter to me if they are straight or gay or eunuchs or whatever....  they might be married, single or living with someone....I can be friends with them BUT that doesn't mean I think they are going to heaven!  Most Christians, real Christians base their values on the Word of God.  The Bible tells us how to live our lives to be pleasing to God.  And I think it is more than just being pleasing to God, I believe God knows what is best for us, as individuals and as a society.   I don't have to hate someone that lives different from the bible and I don't hate them.  One thing I do HATE is when anyone tries to force me to call good evil and evil good.  I'm not going to sit and agree with someone that everything is ok and everything is pure and everyone is can just live however they want to live and still go to heaven.  I do think we should have moral standards.  But just because Phil Robertson or I or anyone else believes something is wrong, doesn't make us haters. 

I think American society is in the middle of a fight.  There are many people who would agree with Robertson, probably the majority of the country to be honest but we are usually a quieter majority.  I think this situation will wake up people even more than the Chik Fil A remarks back in 2012 where the owner of CFA was asked if he thought homosexuality was a sin and he answered YES.  The general public supported CFA so incredibly.... and still do.  The same thing will happen this time.  The support is there for the Robertson.  I hope they lovingly will stand their ground.

And for the gay community, most Christians do not hate you.  (yeah there are some odd folks out there who call themselves Christians but they'd probably hate me too)  Yes we believe based on the bible, that homosexuality is a sin.  But homosexuality is no worse of a sin than any other sin.  However we do not want you to try and force us to accept your values and we understand we can't expect to force you to accept our values either.  In this day and age, the Christian community is being forced to accept homosexuality as a "norm" and we won't do that!  That is where the great divide is.....

So here's to you Mr Robertson!  Stand your ground, state the truth in love and God will continue to bless you and your family! 




9 comments:

  1. Seriously, *that* is where you put the great divide? That is the main value you claim to have that differentiates you from non-christians? Ew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The "great divide" is not this particular issue but the great divide is whether a person has humbled themselves and asked the God of this universe for forgiveness of sin AND THEN endeavored to live their life out submitted to the word of God.

      Delete
  2. Well, said! I just can't believe all this and am actually enjoying watching the silent majority come out and show support. More than anything I hope the family pulls from A&E and another network picks them up so freedom of choice wins the day...we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said. "...homosexuality is no worse of a sin than any other sin." Why oh why do we prioritize sins?? I agree completely. By prioritizing some sins--AND 'politicizing' them--we negate the need for forgiveness on all counts (think pride, evil talk AND thoughts, gluttony, and on the list of 'non-visible' sins goes). Father, forgive us...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Said! It is time for Americans to stop people from diminishing what this country was founded on. Freedom!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So thankful that people can see the difference between "a man's opinion" and the word of GOD. God's word is clear and plain. Man is entitled to an opinion but God's word doesn't change. Phil Roberson clearly stated the word of God, not his opinion.

    Now on to my next concern. I watched a documentary since this most recent event and heard athletes discussing whether or not they should carry their gay pride flag when going in the Olympics. When did it become important to disclose your sexual orientation to be an athlete to represent your country. What you do with your partner is your business. Keep it that way. I don't need to know that. I may not agree with your lifestyle but I will not stop caring about you. God bless America!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr. Robertson compared gays and blacks to people who engage in beastiality... now do you really think that is right? And it is his opinion, and he has the right to say whatever he wants. However, A&E has to garner and maintain their audience, and they know some or most of their viewers would be offended by Mr. Robertson's remarks. "The law" didn't come down and strip Mr. Robertson of his T.V. show, because we all have the right to free speech. A&E, however, has the right to choose which shows and characters to support and to air, and Mr. Robertson's statement was not being censored in any way, he was simply told that A&E chose to no longer support him.
    I imagine you don't let your young children watch shows with cursing in them, nor do I, but in this case you are A&E, and the show is Mr. Robertson. Exact same thing. You don't want that type of language in your home, and A&E doesn't want that type of opinion of their T.V. station.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obviously you donot know scripture, he was quoting a bible verse and saying how it's ALL wrong to do sin. He NEVER mentioned blacks in that segment of the interview. I read the whole thing. The ONLY thing about Blacks he mentioned is he worked with them in the fields as a young person and he personally did not see a black person treated badly JUSt because he was black. Obviously A&E listened to the majority of the country and now Phil is back on DD

      Delete