Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve

It's Christmas Eve here at the Clanton's and everywhere else.....


I'll be honest, holidays are just overwhelming to me.  I start out good but things just go downhill from there.  I'm already counting the days until I can take down the tree and put up all the ornaments.   The first few presents are fun, but by this time it is overwhelming to get everything wrapped.  Hope they like it, hope it works, hope I can find the receipt if  I have to take it back......  should I have gotten something for someone who surprised me with something?  You know the feeling....

Then as I skimmed through FB, one of my friends had posted this verse....
Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord." - Luke 2:10-11


What a refreshing verse, to know we are not to be afraid because a Savior has been born.... that spoke to my heart.  I know I need to hear "do not be afraid" often.....life can be so scary at times.  I don't find Christmas scary, it just seems to sap at my spirit.  But not the REAL Christmas, the REAL Christmas, the coming of a Savior brings hope and joy.  That has to be my focus! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Jon had the day off so we all went out to eat and did a little shopping.  Most of our shopping has been done for awhile but we had to buy little last minute things AND batteries LOL!  We dropped off something at our "grandparents", a couple who attend our church but have really become grandparents to our children.   Our time with them always fills my heart! 

All the presents are wrapped thank God!  I hate wrapping presents.  Jon took the easy way out and just put things in bags. So some things we open tomorrow will be in bags from the girls' welcome home showers LOL! 

We will let the kids open one present tonight.....that's been our tradition for a long time. 

Selah has been ok, just a little fussy today.  She didn't want to be in her stander at all.  Her oxygen level has done good.  She didn't have to be on oxygen last night, first time since Friday night:)  thank you for all your prayers!!!!!!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful Merry Christmas, stay safe and for my northern friends, stay warm!  I'm sure I'll have pictures for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment