Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pictures "A walk in the woods"

 First I'll start with some more kitten pictures that were on my camera.  Aren't they adorable ??
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
Pre beard shaving LOL
 




 
 
 

 
Yesterday we took the family to one of Jon's walking places.
 
 

 
This is the REAL Florida!
 

 
 

 
 

 
 
 

 
Jon walking ahead...

 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 
 

 
 

 
 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 

 
Hanging moss

 
 
 

 
 

 
 
 

 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 
 

 
it was dark by the time we got back to the parking area. 
 
We love to go walking out in the woods.  We have so many hiking trails near our house.  It's very peaceful. 
 
 
Today I was apart of our worship team singing some of the older "revival time" hymns that I grew up singing.  Some of the old songs have such meaning to me.  We sang  a melody of "The Unclouded Day"  "Won't it be wonderful there"  "In the Sweet by & by" and "Just over in the the Gloryland" 
Sometimes I have to type out the words for our media system and the words just blow me away at times.  It's easy at times to sing them and NOT to listen or think about what we are singing.  But when I take the time to look up and type them, or go in and change them about, it really can speak to me.  Sometimes in singing the older songs, we don't' sing all the verses but sometimes when I'm typing them out, I beg our music pastor to sing more of the verses LOL  They are just so good!
  Here are the words to the song
 
 
In the Sweet By & By
 
There’s a land that is fairer than day,
And by faith we can see it afar;
For the Father waits over the way
To prepare us a dwelling place there.

Refrain
In the sweet by and by,
We shall meet on that beautiful shore;
In the sweet by and by,
We shall meet on that beautiful shore.
 
 
We shall sing on that beautiful shore
The melodious songs of the blessed;
And our spirits shall sorrow no more,
Not a sigh for the blessing of rest.

Refrain
 
To our bountiful Father above,
We will offer our tribute of praise
For the glorious gift of His love
And the blessings that hallow our days

 
The last verse just grabbed me!  The song has a slight Celtic feeling to it when it's done right. 

here's a youtube link for one of my favorite preacher Tommy Bates  This is how our Sunday nights were when I was growing up.  I love Tommy Bates and his singing and preaching reminds me of my childhood. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69c6DbsUOZk 


Hope you enjoy it on this Sunday night. 


1 comment:

  1. I love that hymn, and those loblolly pines. I'm from the TX gulf coast, and they are a symbol of home. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete