Friday, January 17, 2014

Southeastern University!

 
 
Today was Southeastern Day for Steve.  We took him and had some seminars, tours lunch and appointments. Above is the dorm I lived in my first year of college (30 years ago this Fall)
 
 
 
 
Surprise!  A friend Steve used to go to school with sat right in front of us and shared lunch with us.
 
 

 
SEC friends do you remember Sammy?  He used to hang out at SEC and still does!  Time is moving on tho and Sammy is now grey.  I couldn't believe it when I saw him, right in front of the snack bar just like years ago!





The Chapel where we spent a lot of time:)


 
Love this picture of Jon and Steve
 
 

 
Me and my baby (with no beard)
 
 
 

 
Bye Bye  (sniff sniff)




 
I took a picture here on the back dock years ago so we walked out there today.  It's where the old trailer park used to be but now SEU has bought all of that area and turned it into a parking lot. 
 
We had a great day hanging out with Steve, getting more info about the university and planning:)
 
 
the little ones had some friend of ours keep them and they had a good day.  Selah has had a great day too. 
 
======================================================================
 
 
 
 
Some cute animal pictures from last night.
 
 
Brownie was happy on her bed

 
 
 Baby kittens were happy in their bed.  They are getting used to the dog.  It was so funny to watch them at first, they'd fluff up and Brownie just ignored them.

 
this is not staged....shad falls asleep really easily.  He was having such a good time playing with the cats that he fell asleep with his head in the cat box.  He loves his kittens! 
 
 
 
=============================================================
 
thank you for all your kind words and messages.  I did get my doctor's appointment moved up to the end of January.  I'm fighting "terror" at times but trying to stay positive.  I don't do good with medical stuff for myself at all!!!  
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. That campus is gorgeous! I'm looking forward to living vicariously thought Steve, with your updates HA HA. I love his shorn face look- such a good looking guy you have. That picture of Shad made me LOL literally. It very much reminds me of my 12 yr old, Max. It is exactly something he would do! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shad sleeping is a priceless pic! LOL Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Yvonne! This comment has nothing to do with this post. I was reading CNN and I saw an article on brain injuries and fish oil. Of course, I thought of you. But near the latter part of the article, I think they mention Selah!!
    Here's what it says:

    There was the case of an 8-year-old girl who nearly drowned after her stroller rolled into a canal. Her head and face were under water for more than five minutes.

    Eighty-two days after her accident, according to a case study published last year in the journal PharmaNutrition, she was given high doses of omega-3 fatty acids, after which, "...the patient exhibited very gradual but steady progress in terms of her tolerance for stimulation and activity."

    And the link: http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/18/health/fish-oil-recovery/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

    Is that a Selah reference?! It's got to be!

    Best,
    Mia C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for peace for you! I'd also like to recommend seeing if there's anyone out there that does Risk acessment thermography. It will show if there are blood vessels going to feed a tumor or if it's an inflamed lymphnoid etc. Just a heat sensing camera is used so it's risk free and non invasive. This is a link to one I go to in colorado but you can see if there is something like it where you live. http://betterbreasthealthforlife.com/ .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for peace for you! I'd also like to recommend seeing if there's anyone out there that does Risk acessment thermography. It will show if there are blood vessels going to feed a tumor or if it's an inflamed lymphnoid etc. Just a heat sensing camera is used so it's risk free and non invasive. This is a link to one I go to in colorado but you can see if there is something like it where you live. http://betterbreasthealthforlife.com/ .

    ReplyDelete