Saturday, January 25, 2014

Time

Whew!  When I write a blog that makes me feel vulnerable , I am almost afraid to open my email and see the responses.   I was blessed by the responses I got from my last blog, thanks!  I'm glad I'm not the only non perfect Christian out there!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Life is a journey.

When I was a child we lived near the train tracks and I can remember listening to the train whistle late at night, wondering where it was going,  I'd look at cars and think the same thing.  I wanted to GO I wasn't happy in the "moment".  Now I've had plenty of "go" and can be happy in the moment!  Now I hear a train's whistle and I'm just glad I'm not on it or stuck waiting for it to pass!!

Have there been times in your life you wish you could just stop life and never let things change? Like in the movie "Groundhog Day" where every day is the same.   I do have those times.  We sang a song in my High School chorus group "If the hands of time, were hands that I could hold, I'd keep them safe and in my hands they'd not turn cold"  The song went on to recount the moments that should be held..... "the summer from the top of a swing" etc.....   I can't remember it all now cause it gets messed up in my mind with "Time in a bottle" but when I was young, I didn't want the hands of time to be held, I wanted time to pass swiftly so I could grow up!

NOW I'd love to grab and hold onto those "hands of time"  

Time goes so swift.  Every week flies by at break neck speed!  The months go by and the years.....
If I could go back to any time, I'd go back to the summer of 2012 and live that summer again before the accident.  Of course if I could go back, I'd make sure nothing ever happened bad!

Actually I WISH I could go back to my college days and enjoy them again too:)   I loved college and the friendships I made.  However I'd love to have my 48 year old wisdom back then LOL That would be real fun.  Actually that might be really weird! 

Well Time only marches forward and we go with it. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This morning I wasted time, I slept till 10:30 am.  Don't know when I've done that and it was great!
Selah is a bit "off", not too much but her heart rate is up some, for no real reason that we can find.  We are hoping there is nothing going on with her. 

We are all debating what we should do today, everything is done for church tomorrow.  A part of me just wants to go take a nap but I don't want to sleep away my time!  I get on to people for taking naps I usually feel it is a waste of time and it will mess up nightly sleep patterns and then we will have to hear about your insomnia!  LOL

Hope you have a good weekend.  Please pray for Ukraine,  and Selah this weekend.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment