Tuesday, February 4, 2014

O Happy Day!

Oh Happy Day!  NO pain today:)   WOOHOO!  Very thankful for the doctor I saw last night and the wonderful shot she gave me:)

You know I've been lucky I've never have had much pain (outside of childbirth and the silly soreness I have had for years on my right side)  If I had constant pain like I had throughout the day yesterday, I would not want to live.  Having that pain made me think of so many others who suffer from serious illness and disease.  As a pastor's wife, we've seen some people who have suffered awful pain  towards the end of their lives.  It always tore me up for them but now just having had one day of searing pain, I will definitely pray harder for others who face pain! 

Today I finally got to meet one of my BFF's for lunch.  We meet each Tuesday that we both can swing it.  Over lunch we discussed eschatology (the study of the end times)   Growing up my church was all into eschatology and wondering when Jesus was coming back and who the Anti-Christ was .....  Do you know that Henry Kissinger's name spells out the Anti Christ?  Just a fun fact learned in a revival service LOL.  for years Kissinger was reported to be the Anti-Christ. In fact I think the old geezer is still alive....  Be afraid....   (BTW I've always said don't worry about who the Anti-Christ is get to know who JESUS is!)  

So back to my lunch conversation.....we were talking about how wonderful it will be when the end of this age comes....  There are so many different view points of how the end times will be.  Some feel Jesus will come to rapture the church prior to the Tribulation period, some think he'll come in the middle and some think he'll come in the end....different verses seem to indicate things a little different.   But we know He is coming back.

You may wonder why the verses seem to have a different timeline, in my opinion, it is because of our lack of understanding.  The bible doesn't have a printed out time frame, we have to look at verses and apply them correctly to understand. 

I'm not sure just when the Rapture of the church will happen.  I'm really hoping that PRE TRIB (pre tribulation) is RIGHT!  That's what our church teaches and boy it beats the alternatives!  But I know He is coming back again. 

I know that one day I'll stand before Him.

I know one day we'll be in heaven together.

My friend had been told as a child that she wouldn't know her family in heaven.  But as she got older she was comforted by the verse that says "we shall know even as we are also known"  That is taken from 1 Corinthians 13:12  For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

So today just for a few minutes we dreamed about how it will be.....no more sickness or pain, none of our family members sick anymore, no depression,  my little ones will see and walk and talk....  All the former heartaches will be gone away.  No more stain of sin.....  Time to spend with our families and friends...... We said surely there will be a Chick-Fil-A in heaven:)   It's going to be so much more than we can imagine.....but I know it's going to be good:) 

I try to keep my eyes focused on eternity....it's hard at times.  But I've learned that if I look at everything through an eternal lens..it makes sorrow and life easier to bear knowing this is NOT the end......

Oh Happy Day!

5 comments:

  1. Oh sometimes my heart aches for that day when we'll fly to Jesus. I suppose it hasn't been until I've had a vested interest in heaven (i.e. both my parents are now there) that I so long for it. And I can really truthfully say that Jesus is the 'draw'...I'm just looking forward to worshiping with my parents and all whom I love and greatly miss the only One worthy of praise. Thank you for the encouragement to keep pressing on to that day--whenever it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I came across your blog shortly after you brought the girls home. It's so nice to see them both do lots of growing, developing, healing and especially trusting that it's safe to come out of their shell to explore their world surrounded by love. I'm hoping to adopt kiddos who have HIV one day, from EE that has been calling for years, but who knows...I'll just have to play by the Universe's (God's) rules and see what happens.

    Anyway, the reason I felt compelled to comment on this particular post is from a line written in your previous post. "I used to always wonder why old people talked about pain and surgeries etc.... Now I know they wanted sympathy LOL! " and then in this post you went on to mention "You know I've been lucky I've never have had much pain (outside of childbirth and the silly soreness I have had for years on my right side) If I had constant pain like I had throughout the day yesterday, I would not want to live. Having that pain made me think of so many others who suffer from serious illness and disease." I'm one of those people who "complain" or rather talk about pain and surgeries all the time, NOT because of wanting "sympathy" like you previously mentioned, but because it is my reality. I live with 2 very rare, chronic, life threatening, PAINFUL conditions that do not have any treatment or cure. I have never once wanted sympathy or pity. I want to create awareness, (since openly talking about my conditions and symptoms, 3 of my childhood friends have been diagnosed with the same things) empowerment and hope, for those who live in chronic sickness and pain. If I talk about an upcoming surgery, there is HOPE that it could also work for others who have my conditions, or if I talk about my feeding tube I like to make light of the whole situation.

    Do you post about Selah's health to get sympathy? I know she's not an "old person", but you talk about her pain, surgeries and other procedures....Is it your intent to get "sympathy, LOL" like you talked about before since that's what people with pain and surgeries do....or is it to spread awareness about things like HBOT treatments, fish-oils and neuroplasticity? or is it because that's just the reality of life right now, and prayers would be appreciated?

    I'm sorry that you have been miss-lead to believe that people talk openly about their pain for sympathy. While it is true for few people, it is not true for all. As a Christian, isn't it wrong to judge because that's only something God can do? So why is it okay to judge "old people" who are in pain or need surgery based on your idea that they "want sympathy, LOL"? I guess it's really funny too huh? "LOL".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you misunderstood my blog. After having such awful pain as I did, it makes me want to pray for others who are in pain even more than I ever did before. So having this horrible pain taught me how pain could control someone's life. I could not function if I had chronic pain to the degree I did on Monday and I am very sympathetic to anyone who lives like that.

      I've always been around older folks since I was a child being raised by my elderly aunts and grandmother. I remember them talking and talking about health problems and I didn't understand WHY......NOW I do.....you share so your friends can have empathy for you since they may have gone through the same things. I joke around in some of my posts but if you take everything in context, I think you'll understand.

      I share about Selah's situations because that is the reality of our life right now. My blog is not just about one issue but our life as a whole.

      Delete
  3. Sorry there's a bit more...and sorry if some of it's a repeat, I have limited txt. available.
    Do you post about Selah's health to get sympathy? I know she's not an "old person", but you talk about her pain, surgeries and other procedures....Is it your intent to get "sympathy, LOL" like you talked about before since that's what people with pain and surgeries do....or is it to spread awareness about things like HBOT treatments, fish-oils and neuroplasticity? or is it because that's just the reality of life right now, and prayers would be appreciated?

    I'm sorry that you have been miss-lead to believe that people talk openly about their pain for sympathy. While it is true for few people, it is not true for all. As a Christian, isn't it wrong to judge because that's only something God can do? So why is it okay to judge "old people" who are in pain or need surgery based on your idea that they "want sympathy, LOL"? I guess it's really funny too huh? "LOL".

    While I'm guessing this comment hasn't been all that pleasant for you to read, I'd like to make
    this an opportunity for you to learn about the challenges I face every single day. Believe it or not, for 10+yrs I worked with children who have all kinds of disabilities/medically fragile and, specializing in autism before I became disabled as a result of my conditions. I may not know what it's exactly like to parent a child with special needs, I know what it's like to be a therapist and also now what it's like to be on the receiving end. I'd like you to take a look at the video I made to see where someone who does not want sympathy or pity is coming from. Also to share about my rare genetic disorder, as I know Sam and Sarah both have one too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdqcL3tFExQ

    Please know that though, we have many differences at least two things we have in common: is that we both agree every child regardless of ability deserves a safe, loving home, and that the power of prayer or positive thought can make miracles happen!

    Always sending positive thoughts, love and light to your entire family.
    Remember to "Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming..." (Finding Nemo)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB6W2VAx2J8

    :Nakki*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you misunderstood my blog. After having such awful pain as I did, it makes me want to pray for others who are in pain even more than I ever did before. So having this horrible pain taught me how pain could control someone's life. I could not function if I had chronic pain to the degree I did on Monday and I am very sympathetic to anyone who lives like that.

      I've always been around older folks since I was a child being raised by my elderly aunts and grandmother. I remember them talking and talking about health problems and I didn't understand WHY......NOW I do.....you share so your friends can have empathy for you since they may have gone through the same things. I joke around in some of my posts but if you take everything in context, I think you'll understand.

      I share about Selah's situations because that is the reality of our life right now. My blog is not just about one issue but our life as a whole

      Delete