Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Please pray for Ukraine

Please pray for the people of Ukraine.  The unrest is growing by the hour, things are in constant change.  The pro government forces are attacking the protesters.  I've seen report of at least 19 killed today.  Up to a 1000 in local hospitals with injuries.  There are fires in Kiev in the government building area.....

https://www.facebook.com/EuroMaydanTranslations  You can go to Euro Maiden's page on FB and get up to the minute accounts if you are interested. 

Live Tv coverage  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_LFrMcoEm4&feature=youtu.be



I'm not a political science major....all I know is Ukraine has had a horrible history of being overpowered by it's neighbors, especially Russia.  Ukraine wants the freedom to chose the future path of their country.  By all accounts their present leaders are corrupt.  Not all Ukrainians want change and some do want to be back under Russia.  This is the tension.  We were told that Ukraine was greatly divided and that a civil war could be coming.....I guess I am shocked that it has started so soon.   Being American, I can understand wanting to have the freedom to help shape my country. 

Please pray for the people of Ukraine and for freedom.  I think of our friends living in Ukraine, people that we fell in love with while we were there.  I think of all the orphans, life is rough for them already, how will it be if civil war comes to that country?

My heart is moved by the things I've seen and heard of priests supporting the protestors, of the protestors praying knowing that they maybe killed by the government forces.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Well no gardening got done today!  I had a doctor's appointment that lasted for 3 hours...of waiting...and 1 hour drive both ways.  I went for a 2nd opinion on the thyroid cysts and it looks like I will have to have a biopsy.  The doctor was great once I finally saw her and she was upbeat.  She feels it's 90% not cancer and if there is a problem it should be contained as she can't even feel it manually.  But I just don't want to deal with this at all!!!!  UGH!!!

I came home to Steve having totally mulched a section of the yard where our big adult swing is:)  That was nice!


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So my thoughts tonight are with the people of Ukraine....may God bring forth justice in that country and I pray for our friends there who we love and all the children in the orphanages.  

No comments:

Post a Comment