Sunday, April 27, 2014

God's Not Dead!


In today's church's offering another $140 came in for Sonya's surgery so the grand total we've raised is $1002!!!!!!  I'm so happy!  I know another check is coming from a dear online friend in Australia....  We still have a few more days you can give on line   http://www.gofundme.com/78kap0
or send a check to Grace Church 7060 Berry Road, Zephyrhills, Florida 33540!  I wonder what the final tally will be???  I'd be thrilled if we could make it to $1500!  


The voting hit 10,000 votes for Selah's van!  Our dear Sunday School teacher and his wife hit the 10,000 mark for us!  http://www.mobilityawarenessmonth.com/entrant/selah-clanton-zephyrhills-fl/
Please keep voting, you can vote daily, from anywhere in the world.  Each day there is a chance to win an extra vote by answering a question.  The answer for today is BOTH A & B



Last night we went and saw the movie "God's Not Dead"  it was great1  Usually I don't care for "Christian" movies (just being honest) so I went just to have something to do with the family.  It didn't take long for me to see this movie was different. I LOVED it!  I'd encourage you go see it if you haven't already!  Both Steve and Shad were affected by the movie.  Shad stood outside with me last night in the garden as we watched the fireflies and talked to me about it.  One of the main characters is a young Chinese man who makes a stand for Christ.  It really touched his heart.  I know it really touched him and helped him because he had a chance today to not tell the truth about something, and he told the truth knowing he might get in trouble.  I believe that movie inspired him to live more closer to God! 

One of the most amazing things happened towards the end of the movie, a Christian group, the Newsboys, were singing "God's not dead" and Sarah began clapping her hands above her head.  she was sitting on Jon's lap and she clapped and clapped.  It seemed so holy, a spiritual thing.  Sarah is blind, very mentally delayed with an IQ in the 30's but she responded in a way we've never seen her do.  She did it appropriately as if she were responding directly to the message.   We just watched her in amazement.  We've seen her clap a few times in church, and it's always been in just the right spots, maybe towards the end of a song but we've never "trained" her to do something like that.  last night she just keep clapping vigorously with no prompting or encouragement from us.  In fact I was so moved, I was fighting to hold in the tears. It was like this little girl, understood the mystery of God.  It was a moment I will treasure in my heart. 

Tonight on 60 Minutes I watched a segment  shown here http://www.cbsnews.com/news/saving-the-children-during-world-war-11-60-minutes/    about a man Nicholas Winton who saved over 600 children.  It is such a touching story.  I had tears streaming down my face about the story, the gumption of this young 29 year man and the love of the children's parents.  Winton is now credited with saving over 15,000 IF you include the original children he saved, their children, their grandchildren and now even their great grandchildren who would have never been born without the original children being saved from death!   Now this 104 year old man is opening homes for the mentally challenged  and elderly in England!  I want to be like him!  What an inspiration, God bless him!!!!

Hope you have a great week ahead!  We have some fun things planned for this week that I'm looking forward to doing.  

4 comments:

  1. 10,144
    Praying Selah wins this van. I know how much it would impact all your lives.
    Thank you for sharing your family with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10,144
    Praying Selah wins this van. I know how much it would impact all your lives.
    Thank you for sharing your family with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the movie review! I've been wanting to see it but have been hesitant. But now I will go! That's amazing about your sweet Sarah! It seems as though her heart was definitely stirred! Mr. Winton is truly an amazing man.....with a heart full of God's compassion!
    Love you new Spring pics!!! And congrats to Steve on his graduation!!! Still voting here!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I normally vote for someone else in the mobility awareness thing, but today I voted for Selah.:) Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete