Sunday, May 4, 2014

Justin Fennell

This morning my friend Justin Fennell, a Christian speaker/comedian spoke at our church.  I have known Justin since we were students at Southeastern together.  From the first time I heard him-doing skits for Freshman week 30 years ago (gasp!) - I've enjoyed hearing him speak.  He always has used humor to point others towards Christ and living for Him.  But this Sunday was different, he preached a sermon, still filled with humor but it was really something.  Everyone was listening and involved in it.  As we say in the south, "that boy can preach!"  He talked about not leaving your dreams that God has given behind.  He shared the story of the children of Israel, when they sent the 12 spies into the Promised Land.  10 spies returned to say how big the inhabitations of the land were and how the spies were like "grasshoppers in their sight"  His points were  "don't over estimate the enemy"  "don't underestimate God" and " don't be stuck in the past"  

http://www.justcleanfun.com/   this is his website, I'd encourage you to schedule him for your church, youth camp. conference, business meeting.  His humor is clean and his preaching is great!

The Southern Fried Preacher by Justin Fennell - YouTube

Southern Comedy | Justin Fennell utube - YouTube

Comedy Comes Clean with Justin Fennell - Comedy Videos

Justin Fennell - Vertical Hair - Comedy Videos - GodTube

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Remember you can give to baby Yuri and his family to help him get home QUICK to get the medical care he needs!!!

 
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I keep forgetting to thank my friend from Winter Haven who sent us the dolls, I put up the nice ones but gave Sam the boy doll and he LOVES it!  Somehow he has managed to undress him every time I turn around.   It's so funny to see him dragging it around with him.  He's never really cared for dolls before,  I'll take a picture and post it.   The one dolly in the green dress looked like Selah to me:)  Thank you my friend and thanks for the sweet card also1
 
=============================================================
 
 
 
 
Only a few days left on the van contest
(thank God!)
answer: Standard hand-held control, on-lift controls and remote controls assist with automatic lift operations.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
There’s not a friend like the lowly Jesus,
No, not one! No, not one!
None else could heal all our soul’s diseases,
No, not one! No, not one!
 
Jesus knows all about our struggles,
He will guide till the day is done;
There’s not a friend like the lowly Jesus,
No, not one! No, not one!
 
No friend like Him is so high and holy,
No, not one! No, not one!
And yet no friend is so meek and lowly,
No, not one! No, not one!
 
There’s not an hour that He is not near us,
No, not one! No, not one!
No night so dark but His love can cheer us,
No, not one! No, not one!

 
Did ever saint find this Friend forsake him?
No, not one! No, not one!
Or sinner find that He would not take him?
No, not one! No, not one!
 
Was ever a gift like the Savior given?
No, not one! No, not one!
Will He refuse us a home in Heaven?
No, not one! No, not one!

Jesus knows all about our struggles,
He will guide till the day is done;
There’s not a friend like the lowly Jesus,
No, not one! No, not one!
 
 
We sang this OLD hymn today and the tears just streamed down my face.  What a comfort to have a Savior who is near to us.  All I could think as we sang this verse
 
There’s not an hour that He is not near us,
No, not one! No, not one!
No night so dark but His love can cheer us,
No, not one! No, not one!


was the moment I ran towards the accident site, somehow knowing my family was involved.    He was there with me, in a way I've never known before.  He didn't leave me, He didn't abandon me, He was still there.  What a blessing to serve a Savior like Jesus! 

I love the chorus too

Jesus knows all about our struggles,
He will guide till the day is done;
There’s not a friend like the lowly Jesus,
No, not one! No, not one!
 
I'm so glad He knows all about MY struggle, He knows all about your struggles too.  I believe He will guide till my day is done.  Thankful for that friend tonight!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment