Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Ranting....

My father in law was taken by ambulance to the hospital tonight.  He is stable now, my husband went to see him.  Please keep this sweet man in your prayers.  He has always been a good father in law to me as was my mother in law before she passed away.   I've always said they've been better to me than my own family was.  And they certainly raised a good guy for me to marry:)   He's in his mid 80's and has a lot of health problems.  He lives with my oldest brother in law & his wife and they take wonderful care of him & see that he has good caregivers.   Thanks for your prayers for this sweet man. 
===============================================================
 
 
 
 
 
For all the Shad fans, he helped me make a Giant Gingerbread man tonight.
It was good, poor Gingerbread Man is missing some of his extremities now.....
 
 
My poor collards....
something was eating them up so Steve cut them all back and then we doused  them with Dawn ...we will see what happens with them.  I've never had a problem with collards before this year.







Also this year my pepper plants have just turned to stems!!!!!  Then almost the same with the tomatoes too.  The squash plants I bought died but the ones I raised from seeds are fine.   The eggplants have done fine and the lettuces lasted till just last week.   The herbs are all good except for the one Rosemary that I cut and took to a friend, luckily she knew it was NOT rosemary, it was dog fennel a weed!  I took it back to the plant store I bought it from.  THAT was the same store I've bought from for years, same brand of plants and I'm having all these issues. 

The potatoes and carrots are good too, same with the onions. 

I never usually even have bad worm problems till July and it's still May and I'm having issues.  Strange year for me in my garden!

And while I'm on the frustrated  rant.... this was my FB status tonight....
well ....'Whoop-de-dang-do' to finish out this "wonderful" day I get the FIRST email from Walmart saying they are refunding me the money on my kayak order. So I call Walmart since this is the FIST and only email I've gotten from them. So the kayak is at the store....but the paperwork is done for it to be sent back so they can't resell it to me. Did I mention this was the ONLY contact I had from Walmart ? The kayak was only there for FIVE days, they said they usually keep something for 7-14 days....I'm so not happy! By the way, this was my Mother's Day present.


So I've been waiting for my ordered Kayak to come to our local Walmart.  I'd ordered it almost a month ago, it was to be my Mother's Day present but I knew it wouldn't be in the store till after may 15th.  So I waited for the text & email that I've gotten in the past notifying me that what I'd ordered was in.  Nothing till I get an email saying they're refunding my money.....no reason given.

I called the store and am told that they HAVE the kayak but are sending it back.   I apologized for not rushing in but since I'd gotten NO notification saying it was there, I have a few other things that I have to do besides stalk Walmart......  I then asked how long they hold things....he said 7-14 days...I reminded him that it had ONLY been FIVE days since it supposedly got there.....

BUT since the paperwork is done, I can't "rebuy" it   The Kayak must go back.....I'm so annoyed!  AND I want my kayak!  I don't' usually whine too much on here but I just think this is the most foolish thing I've personally encountered recently.....

So their computer system had a glitch, didnt' notify me, and the paperworkis done days before things are normally sent back....the kayak is STILL in the store....yet I can't buy it back....makes perfect sense huh?


Ok let me shut up and go to bed....


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow Selah is having a sedated MRI to check to see if she has "lost" any section of her brain.  If there has been radical changes since the last one, then the neuro will assume she has small seizures.  We have not seen any regression on Selah's part so I'm not too worried about this.  But it will answer the seizure question hopefully once and for all.   Please pray that Selah will be calm and not get stressed out.  I feel like this is a waste of time but if there is anything to be learned that will help Selah, I guess we should do it. 

Thanks for listening to my rants tonight:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment