Sunday, July 20, 2014

Sleepy Sunday Afternoon

Its a sleepy Sunday afternoon here with the daily thunderstorm rumbling.....my belly is full after going to the local "Village Inn" where I had breakfast for lunch.  All my kids are napping/resting along with my husband too. 

When I was a little girl, we'd come home from church and eat a big meal then I'd lay down with my aunt and we'd listen to records of gospel music.  Occasionally we'd listen to this strange woman preacher who would come on the radio in the afternoon.  She attended our church, and was quite a large woman who wore big dark colored dresses.  It was odd to hear someone I knew personally on the radio, even if it was just the local AM station.  The station would usually play country songs so if we turned it on too soon, she came on at 3pm (how in the world do I remember that???)  we might catch a few country music songs before the lady came on to preach. 

Do you know today is 45 years since man first walked on the moon?  Do you remember watching it on TV?  We had just gotten a black and white tv that sat in the corner of our living room.  We all gathered around it  to watch a man walk on the moon.  I remember it being such a big deal!  I was not yet four years old but I remember it quite well.  Of course my aunts and granny said it was a fake!  They had just seen Red Skelton do a skit about a moon landing and said it looked just the same.  My grandmother went to her grave believing the government tried to fool the country with the lunar landing. 

I also remember a solar eclipse around the same time.  My family believed that it was caused by the government sending things up in space. (And y'all thought I was the weird one!)  We walked outside and saw the chickens roosting in their chicken house.  They were very upset and cackling. 

Ok enough random thoughts.....well maybe a few more....LOL

Oh by the way, it is National Ice Cream Day.  We celebrated by getting Sarah ice cream today.  Everyone else was too full but Sarah will eat ice cream no matter what.

There's a lady who volunteers at Habitat who wears a large Alligator tooth on a necklace...she makes and sells them so I bought one for Shad.  I should have waited for his birthday but I knew he'd like it and he did.  That boy is one country boy:)

 
 

 
 
 
 
 
Selah continues to do great!  She is healing so nicely from the surgery.  Her nurse had her looking so beautiful today, we cut her hair some.  And she had matching bows and a new dress on.  I hate that I didn't get a picture after church of her.  You'd never know she had surgery just two weeks ago!!!
 
Well I hope you have a great week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment