Friday, August 22, 2014

Just an Ordinary Day

This has just been a ordinary day.....

Started this morning out eating breakfast with my bestie, then a trip to the grocery store with no kids:)   Steve went and bought his books for his college classes today and got his ID picture done:)  Thirty years ago, I was doing the very same thing at college....   Then Steve, Shad and I volunteered at Habitat for Humanity.  Sometimes I'm so proud of my boys, today I was just watching them work and figure out somethings and it just made me happy!    We got a chance to go through the books section and Shad got a whole set of Hardy Boys Mysteries!!   YEAH the joys of working at a thrift store!   I even got a Nancy Drew book that looked brand new for my collection.  I love Nancy!

 Tonight we are going to watch an Indian Jones move together as a family.  Jon kept the little ones so we could go to HH.  Fridays give me a day out (even if I'm working LOL) and a day for him to spend with them.  Sam is so happy when daddy is home.  Sarah is too but she wanted me to hold her the minute I walked in the door.  She is all about Mama:)  She will sit on my lap as long as I sit down.  I've read countless books with her perched on my left leg.  We keep saying we will have to buy one of those really large recliners for me and her when she is older and much bigger LOL.  Right now she fits perfect.  She also sits with me to watch TV, she is well versed in what is going on in the world. 

Selah had a quiet day, no teachers or therapists on Friday just her nurse who keeps everything calm and peaceful for her. 

Ordinary Days are wonderful.  As I watch the news tonight, all of the various tragedies  in this old world both near and far.... I'm thankful we are not part of the news tonight.  I know what it is like to be the lead story on all major news networks in two different states and it is no fun.  There was a terrible 5 car accident on a bridge near here, and I saw one of the survivors walking dazed.  I remember seeing video of me walking just like that near the Erie Canal.   I'm grateful that we are not dealing with anything like that tonight.  I'm thankful our whole family is together, under one roof, healthy and safe.  For that I am completely grateful for "just an ordinary day" 

No comments:

Post a Comment