Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Goal Met!!!!!

I've got to start this blog with a big THANKS to Carol from Virginia that sent in the remaining $310!!!!   The well is paid for!!!!    Actually with a payment that was sent in directly to Life2Orphans by Shelly we are over a little bit!!!!!!  So anything extra goes to Life2Orphans goal of $3000 for food/diapers etc....   L2O is only about $160 from completing their goal.  Since August 26, we have been working to raise the $2000 for the well and the $3000 for the food/diapers and are less than $200 from it all being raised.  Megan (the director of L2O) and I talked today and we are so very grateful for everyone's generosity!!!   Thank you for being a part of something that means so much to these kids.  I'm praying that that well will be there to bless the orphans for as long as it is needed.  I believe it will help many.  Water is so important.  My heart is overjoyed tonight!!!!  

You can still give by sending a check to
Grace Church'
7060 Berry Road
Zephyrhills Fl 33540
mark it Orphan Fund
 
or directly to L2O
 http://life2orphans.net/make-a-monetary-donation.html please write in Druzhkovka (Druz Orphange   fund)
 
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
This morning started with me walking....since the end of July I have walked 75 miles on the cardiac track at our hospital.  I was so happy to reach that goal this morning:)  Believe me I was telling all my walking buddies about it as I passed them.  We have a "club" of sorts.  There are about 10 of us who walk around the same time.  I walk one way and most everyone walks the track the other way LOL.  I think the way I walk it is more challenging as there are longer uphill parts.  Anyhow we all speak but no one really knows each other by name.  It's a good friendly group.  One of my besties used to walk with me till she started teaching now I walk alone but I still walk!!!!
 
Then I got home and we had one of Sarah's teachers, then Steve left for college.  Sam decided he wanted to be with me alllllllllll day long.  And if he wasn't with me, he was getting into trouble.  UNFORTUNATELY he has learned to open and close doors.  So he opened my bedroom door, got my deodorant and some perfume out...ATE some of the deodorant  & spilled my favorite perfume, Red Door, while I was feeding Sarah...   Thankful I use an organic deodorant the Tom's brand (we also use that toothpaste) so when I called, there was no cause for alarm. 
 
Steve also went to a college Christian club after classes and then picked up Shad for me.  By the time they got home, I was spent!  Plus I had woken up with a pounding PMS headache.  I've had it since yesterday and just was not up to coping with Sam getting into everything. 
 
Yesterday we met with a behavioral therapist, to learn some strategies to help Sam cope with things.   She advised me to "catch him in the act" doing good and to praise him.  She admitted when he is fired up, like he was yesterday with her, it is hard.  Her idea is to give 4 positives  for every negative..... So I really tried today LOL    Sam is very scheduled oriented and there are things he will behave for like sitting in church, he behaves great 99% of the time.  On the FRONT row.....where everyone can see ....he still acts good most of the time.  But there are other times when he just can't handle things.  We have strategies that help him cope but they are things that inconveniences us.....like taking him outside to swing.  He needs/craves that kind of movement, but it is not always something I can do for him.  Like late yesterday he would have been very happy to go out but I was by myself, cooking supper and Sarah was in the living room and it was HOT outside!  So we need to work on helping him calm himself down with smaller treats, even just a word of praise.  I don't' know if it will be possible but I hope so!
 
He has not been self injuring his pointer fingers by biting as much nor has he been pushing at his forehead with his knuckles.  We actually changed his meds to the same anxiety pill I was given that is only taken when needed.  I actually gave him a dose on Monday, it had been a couple of months since he'd had one but this week, he has been "on a tear"! 
 
Sarah also wanted Mommy today.  I can't sit down in the living room, no matter how quiet I am, if she notices me she comes with her little hop/crawl over to sit on my lap and there she will remain as long as I'm sitting down LOL   She did not like sharing lap time with Sam and vice/versa!   Don't know if you can see these pictures the nurse snapped for me but they are cute, they are not showing for me but may after I publish this blog. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hope all is well with all of you!
Thanks again for all the help!!!!!!!!!!!!    

No comments:

Post a Comment