Sunday, September 14, 2014

Grateful Heart!

My heart is thrilled! Got a call from a friend Mike,  and his church took up an offering today for the orphans of Druz Ukraine. His offering made up the difference in Life2Orphans, Inc., goal and they have now fully met the goal of $3000 for food/diapers and the $2000 for the well. Mike's church will also be participating in the future fundraising for the orphanage. Sometimes we say little Christian phrases, and we mean them but it's not "alive" to us. But GOD IS FAITHFUL AND HE IS A FATHER TO THE FATHERLESS" is very alive to me tonight! My eyes are filled with grateful tears even as I write this tonight!

Thank you to all who participated, I really mean it when I say this is the nicest birthday present ever:)   (Now Shad is happy but he also told me he can't wait to open his presents LOL)  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday, 25 years ago, I walked into the Talbot House Homeless Shelter to apply for the job of assistant director.  I didn't know that in one month, I'd marry the director!!!  It amazes me how everything came together for us to meet each other.  I look back over the paths of our lives and it is incredible how God worked everything out. 

We haven't had the "perfect marriage" we've had our ups and downs but the last decade has really been what I imagined marriage to be.  I'm so thankful for the man God gave me & that He helped us work out problems & become the couple He meant for us to become.  I am so grateful that we stuck it out through the hard times & now when we have the most stresses on us, we are the happiest together.  Does that make sense? 

We're still not perfect but we are perfect for each other.  We've forged a bond over the past quarter of a decade, that is so strong.  We are a team & that is what I wanted from the beginning. 

It's funny in the first ten years or so of our marriage, many people tried to come between us.  The worst was from other people in the ministry.  They'd try to pit us against each other, can't tell you how many times that happened.  It was unnerving.  But that is one thing we watch for now, we don't allow anything to come between us.  It's so good to look back and see the journey we've taken together since that first meeting so long ago.  God has been good to us and He has been faithful.

So tonight I have a grateful heart for the goal being met for the Druz Orphanage and for 25 years of sharing life with Jon.  (our wedding anniversary is next month- we got married after knowing each other for only ONE month!)



 =======================================================================


Oh let me tell you the FUNNIEST dream I had......  this shows how much the orphanage is on my mind.....

Last night I dreamed that the orphans & their caregivers had moved into our house/church.  AND we were having some type of ministerial meeting and the ministers were NOT happy with the orphans being there.  THEN I found out I was pregnant with triplets!  ALL three GIRLS!   In the dream, I was gratefully telling everyone I was going on bed rest LOL    

All I can say is I had a tuna sandwich before bed LOL!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment