Saturday, October 4, 2014

Don't be Left Behind!

Well I took a little vacation from blogging.  We've just been busy running and doing a lot lately that I didn't' have time to sit down and blog.

We've had a lot of rain and one day Sarah decided she wanted to go out no matter what!  She loved the soft warm rain but didn't know quite what to think of it.

 
the cat wanted to stay in!

 
 
 
 
Last night Jon took the boys to a movie and I took the little ones to the races!
 
 













Here is where things got dicey.....
Sam decided he wanted the nicer car, as you can see Sarah didn't like it


 
 
this picture is too funny, I took it a second before she let out a blood curdling scream!  I almost dropped the phone!  Sam backed away, still smiling so he didn't lose face but he came and sat on my lap and left "the girl" alone!!!!!!!

 
 
 
Jon took the boys to see Left Behind!
 
 
 



He said the movie was very scripturally based.  The funniest thing is a "church lady" (y'all know what I mean) sat right behind Steve.  The lady talked to the movie the whole time and was amening it.  At the end of the movie a scripture came up on the screen and the lady said "it's time for an altar call, somebody needs to get saved!"  So the movie has the endorsement of the "church lady"   LOL

I didn't go because I am scarred for life by the trilogy movies "A Thief in the Night" that I grew up watching in church in the late 70's and early 80's.  Those movies scared me so bad.  If you were not blessed to be raised up like me you might not know those movies.....  But basically they were 3 movies about the Rapture and the Tribulation.  For me, they only gave me bad dreams and no hope.  A lot of things like that gave me a bad feeling.  But the bible shares that the Coming of the Lord is our HOPE....  It took me years to understand that as a Christian I had nothing to fear. 

So there is the book set and other movies along the "Left Behind" trademark and Steve and Shad have always enjoyed them.  I think the other movies have just come out as videos, not through the theater.  I would never watch with them.  And I worried about them watching because I was afraid it would scare them like it did me.  But it doesn't seem to do that, maybe they've been taught more Grace than I was and feel secure enough.


I grew up hearing "Jesus is coming soon"  It was preached, we had the movies, the songs, and the little Chick tracks.  It would petrify me!  Our choir would sing "The King is Coming" and I'd break out in a cold sweat!   Then around the 80's the emphasis changed....we were (as Christians) going to change this world, we didn't have to think of the "sweet by and by".....now it's not too cool in some circles to mention Jesus's coming but looking at the signs around us, one can't help but think......is this the "end times"?

Years ago the thought of Jesus's coming filled me with fear, now it fills my heart with hope!  I do believe the scriptures from Genesis to Revelation and I believe one day, life as we know it will end.  I look forward to that day knowing whether I am dead or still remain I will be caught up to meet Him in the air.


1 Thessalonians 4
13 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.

3 comments:

  1. That sweet angel is so determined! Go, Sarah, go! I will not be suprised to see a post about her taking off on her own without a walker someday. Such a sweet special girl! God is the redeemer indeed! It's precious to see sibling rivalry between her and Sam. What a big step for both of them. Proud of her for not backing down and letting her thoughts be known :) Thank you, Yvonne, for sharing such a precious glimpse of your life. It truly brings me such joy to follow along on your family's journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an add on, it's spooky how much the picture of your cat looks like my daughter's cat!! I had to do a double take!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious pics! Love the walk out into the rain, now I know where we sent our weather :).
    I can read the Left Behind books but not watch them. I cannot watch tragedy even if Christian in nature. Breaks my heart.
    Thank you for the reminder of hope and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete