Thursday, October 16, 2014

Thankful Thursday

Tomorrow is the big day-the walls go up on our new home.  We will have a ceremony at 8 am with the Habitat for Humanity staff and volunteers.  How exciting for our family.  We plan on having the whole family there, maybe even Selah.  If you want to help work on the house or give towards the materials, you can click on here to sign up  https://www.mymissio.com/missio/the-clanton-family-habitat-home



I got an update on the baby boy- the mom decided to keep him, her family is supporting the decision.  In the domestic adoption world, things like that sometimes happen.  There is an older special need child that is being placed, if you are interested contact Janna janna.adoptionadvisors@gmail.com for more details.





Here is the little girl Angela who we sponsor through Life2Orphans  This picture was taken over the summer at Druz Orphanage (the one we raised money for their well)  She is STANDING!!!!!!

 
Here is me and Angela while she was in Torez Mental Institution.  We had just started sponsoring her while we were in the process of adopting Sarah and Selah.  Both of my girls had a sponsor for which I was eternally grateful.  So I had asked L2O if there was a child we could sponsor to "pay it back".  they told me about Angela and that is who we picked.  Getting to meet her was very emotional for me.  I cried for her.  Even with a sponsor it was a hard place to be. 
 

 
I was able to play with her on several occasions.  She was brought out to us.  We bought her some toys before we left. 
 
Many people sponsor kids and never get the chance to meet them.  We were lucky but it was very hard emotionally to meet her.  I felt guilty for not adopting her also but at the time, we felt she had so many needs that we could not take care of her.  She was not mobile and it was doubtful she could ever walk.  We felt like we could not adopt a child that could never walk.  We knew Sarah couldn't and Selah didn't walk good but we thought both would improve.  Now, we know we could take care of a child that can not walk.  Who knows....one day if the war ends over there......  In the meanwhile we support her and her caregiver and we are raising funds for the orphanage during their time of crises.  Pray that God will protect this sweet little girl!!!!
 
 
 
here is where you can donate to this wonderful project to help the children of Ukraine.  We are still working on the Druz project,  to help pay for beds for the kids.   Still need about $3000 to buy the beds and mattresses for all the extra children who have been brought in from other orphanages. 

4 comments:

  1. The other girl in the photo is Lucia? Adopted by another family in usa? I think is her and i follow that family blog too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you are correct:) This picture was just taken days after we got to Torez so I did not know the children as well. But I noticed that it was Lucia the other day. I had gone in there to see Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, that is Angela? Love to see her standing! I thought she looked very familiar in one of your previous posts. Go, Angela! Much love from Michigan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, that is Angela? Love to see her standing! I thought she looked very familiar in one of your previous posts. Go, Angela! Much love from Michigan.

    ReplyDelete