Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Observing Vetern's Day & Other Stuff

My thoughts on Veteran's Day...
It's interesting to me that in 2014 we observed the 100 year anniversary of the start of WWI, 70 years since D-Day, & 25 years since the Berlin Wall fell.... All world events that our military were a part of... I'm thankful for our military & what they have done for America & the whole world. God be with them at this time in history where world events are once again swirling around us....

I love the history of the last 100 years, starting around WWI and then seeing how the Flu Epidemic and the Great Depression changed the world.  It's interested studying how Hitler made his way across Europe and the start of WWII.   All of WWII is interesting to me.  The end of the war and the 50's-70's with all the changes that came during those years, both politically and socially are very captivating times to read about.  Then the 80's and all the changes to the world with the fall of the Berlin Wall, a change that affected my life personally.  Now we are at another juncture of history, who knows what will happen?  The will of the American people does not seem as strong as it has been in days past but that could change.  I'm thankful for our veterans who served and still serve our country.

Well everyone around here had the day off except for Selah, she had to go and have some bloodwork done.  Afterwards, Selah, her nurse and I went by the new house to see the progress.  Here are some pictures.  Last time we were there, Shad helped me sneak into the fence, today the fence was pulled tight and locked LOL!  I could have gone through the gate but couldn't get the locks to cooperate:)

 
So the south wall is now up along with the beginning of the roof of the carport!
 
 
 
 
we love to see the changes!
 

 
 
this is from last night
I made oatmeal & also sugar cookies!
I use Pampered Chef's stones for all my baking, they cook so even.



 
 
For supper last night I fixed the famous "Duggar Tater Tot casserole"
Somewhere I had gotten the recipe for it. It was ok, probably won't be making it again anytime soon tho!
 
 basically I took 2 packets of ground meat (1 grass fed beef and 1 ground chicken)
add a can of cream of chicken soup
put a bag of tater tots on top
add another can of cream of chicken soup and bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour.
Everyone else liked it- it was ok but not something I cared for but boy was it easy to make
I use the brand "Alexis" for any frozen potato product.  That brand is usually a bit more healthy 


 
 



After that meal, a whole lot of sleeping was going on!





 
I finally got everyone to watch "The Waltons" with me last night.  It's one of my favorite tv shows from the past! 
 
Hope you all are having a good day!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment