Monday, May 18, 2015

A Funny Story

Recently I was reminded of something that probably has not happened to anyone but ME!  It is quite funny....

Back about 8 years ago our church was going through "a hard time"  It got so bad and disruptive that a few people were kindly asked to find another church home that could meet their spiritual needs.....

So a few weeks later I checked the mail and got a small envelope address to us.  When I opened it, there was a coupon for SPAM and a small sticky note that read something like "I know you'll be needing this"......

Well I absolutely thought it was the FUNNIEST thing ever.....I laughed all the way back to the house.  By the time, I got inside and showed it to my husband I was in tears, from laughter.  I'm sure the person who sent it thought they'd mess with my mind BUT instead it reminded me of the scripture "I was young and now I'm old and yet I've never seen the righteous forsaken or seen His seed begging for bread" 

God spoke to my heart, through that silly little coupon and note that He was never going to leave or forsake us.  From that point on, I had the faith to know things  would change in our church and boy has it! 

As you go through life NEVER EVER look to man to meet your needs. 

We've learned that in ministry.  If you have people in your church that tithes and give that is wonderful, but don't count on that money.  Don't be a puppet or afraid to speak the truth even if it means losing your biggest donors.

We've seen miracles of provision happen in our children's adoptions, but it NEVER came from where I thought it might come from.  The miracles were more like the "widows mite"   Almost every gift that came in for both of our kids adoptions were from people who didn't really have it to give but they sacrificed and gave, 

We've been given two vans over the years.....neither time did we expect it (LOL I actually expected to win that contest last year but it didn't happen)  


Our new house.....really just had let the idea go and then we got a call from Habitat.....
God will provide!  He will use people but He speaks to the hearts of His people to do for others....

Right now I'm battling a little worry about Steve's college tuition, moving and all the expenses that come with that, our yearly trip to NY for Sam's eyes,  and starting the orphan ministry in Cuba.  But when thoughts come over me, like "how will we afford this or that?" IKNOW that God will provide. 
When you can look back and see the faithfulness of God, you can look forward with confidence.   That's one thing I can say, is God has been faithful to meet our needs.  And we've learned to be content with what we have. 

Anyhow I was reminded of that story yesterday, I hadn't thought of it in years but it spoke to my heart. 

Btw, I do not hold anything against anyone- I even thought the note was hysterically funny and something I would have enjoyed sending to someone to be a smart butt :)    But it is amazing how God spoke to my heart through it. 


2 comments:

  1. I really needed to hear this today! Thank you so much for sharing it !!

    Gracie Yost

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey...I actually *like* Spam! Hahahaha...

    ReplyDelete