Thursday, May 21, 2015

Christmas Shoeboxes!



Did y'all notice the Bolts won last night?  It was all thanks to Selah!

Another day in the library study room sitting with Sam as he listens/watches his on line program for speech.  It's so repetitive, the same words over and over and over again.  and today the A/C is not working in here and I have Shad and Sarah with me also...... PURGATORY!!!

He's on his third video.  So we've watched over 80 repeats of the same two.  Purgatory for sure!

I can handle Florida heat is I'm outside.  I expect to be hot but I feel suffocated if I'm in an airless room.  I've told the library ladies and they act clueless at what to do.  Call me crazy but call the repair folks is where I'd start!  I get just a tab cranky when I'm hot......LOL


On top of that, my computer is messing up!  I've already cleaned it but something is off.  Hoe annoying!  I have horrible computer access at home and now away from home, my laptop wants to act stupid!  UGH!

Other than all of that....it's been a good day. LOL

=========================================================================


Christmas Shoeboxes!

We used to do these at our old school.  So a friend of mine put on FB that her mom is collecting for them.  I know you've hear of  Samaritan’s Purse's yearly gift program.  It's a great thing for kids to do for other kids! 

Well this year our church will be gathering things for this ministry.  If you live in this area, please feel free to drop things off at our church- just message me to let me know if you are dropping anything off.  Most every town has a church or two that participates in Samaritans Purses' Christmas Shoebox project.

Overview
http://www.samaritanspurse.org/what-we-do/operation-christmas-child/

This article tells you the best things to give and what not to give
http://garrett.with.sim.org/index.php/archives/1675   

Here is where you can find a drop off point for your area
Place a rubber band around each closed shoebox and bring it to the drop-off location nearest you during National Collection Week, November 16–23, 2015. Visit our Drop-off Locations page to find the closest collection site. Or, call 1-800-353-5949

I'm excited to include this great ministry in our church this year! 

Of course in the back of my mind, I'm hoping we could do this for CUBA! 

No comments:

Post a Comment