Monday, May 11, 2015

Night


Whew!  Selah had an excellent night!  She slept great all night.  She had a little trouble with the pain med this morning, it made her throw up/spit up a little but she's doing good today too except for that.  Right now she is taking an afternoon nap and looks so peaceful!


Last night while doing the GemIIni program with Sam he began saying the "B" sound when the word BEAR was said!!!!!!!!!!!!!   That is new for him and he used it at the right time   We've been faithfully following the program despite the crazy week we had last week. 

======================================================================
Have you ever read the book "Night " by Elie Wiesel?  If not, I'd recommend it.  The NY Times call it "a slim volume of terrifying power" and that is so true.  It's not easy reading and you won't finish it and feel good but it's a real book.  It's the story of Elie Wiesel during the Holocaust.  I have to admit I couldn't really eat supper last night  after reading it I was so troubled.  Why should someone read a book like that? 
One to honor the memories of so many who were killed 
Two to ensure it never happens again! 
I recommend you read it and have your children read it.  I'm going to have Steve and Shad read it, although I don't really want them to because I hate to see them sad or afraid and that book evokes all those feelings. While the author doubts the existence of God because of the suffering, it's still a holy book.  Holy because of the record that is in it.  The book really affected me. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad that Selah seems to be doing so well. That's great news.
    I collect Holocaust books written by survivors. I have some Jewish ancestry, plus I always find myself so very humbled when I read what those people went thru. My little troubles are nothing compared to what happened during that awful time. If you ever get a chance to read the book entitled "Alicia, My Story", by Alicia Appleman-Jurman. I think you would like it. She was 11 years old and her entire family was eventually killed, but the ways she thought up to outsmart the Nazi's and avoid the concentration camps at such a young age is unbelievable. I have several that my grandsons Gabriel and Anthony have read also, as they are more age appropriate, but still teach them about the Holocaust. If you would ever like a list, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete