Monday, December 21, 2015

Sorry it's been so long......

Thanks for all the messages of concern I've gotten from you guys!  I should have updated but I'm really dealing with all of this...

So the surgery is set for January 12.  It will be a lumpectomy.  If there is cancer, we will go back and do a mastectomy.  The surgeon was pretty blunt but she gave me some hope as the borders of the tumor are good and even and that usually means no cancer.  She considers it large.  However, due to the placement, no one can feel it!  SO GET YOUR MAMMAGRAMS!!!!!!!    The reason we are doing a lumpectomy is because this kind of tumor can turn into cancer at some point in life.  Who wants to deal with that?

And I've totally made up my mind about the mastectomy-if it's cancer, I'm not taking any chances.  In my opinion, it's best to know how you are going to handle a situation before hand if you can. 

A college friend went with me to the appointment, she has had the very same thing as me and used the same surgeon.  We actually laughed quite a bit, especially when my blood pressure was taken and it was 178/110.....  Yep, me who usually has such extremely low blood pressure.  My friend chose the same path as me, a lumpectomy and she was cancer free so I'm hoping I'll have the same outcome.

I'm still in shock, I can't believe this is happening to be honest.  At the same time, I'm still dealing with stomach pain and other problems.  And joy of joy it is time to see the thyroid doctor too....so I feel like I'm going from one doctor to another. 

Thanks for your prayers and concern, it really means a lot to me. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


On a much lighter note, today is Sarah's 9th birthday!  I love my baby girl so much!

This is what I found when I walked in her room this morning!  She was in the toy box.  I had to take a picture before I rescued her. 

 
 
 

 
her on the swing today
 


And I just love this picture of her and Jon.  It melts me!
 
 
 
Sarah is an extraordinary child.  When I think of all she went through, living in such a dark place, in physical darkness, it takes my breath away.  Yet she is full of light and joy.  Some think she is like she is because she doesn't have the understanding to even remember the past.  I don't think that is true, I hear too much from other parents who have adopted children like her.  Somehow she held on to hope.  I don't know how she did it.  But I love her more than life itself.   She is a true Joy, she loves deeply.  I thank God for her. 
 
Nine years ago her birthday was filled with rejection, today it was filled with playtime outside, cuddles and ice cream.  We sat outside for hours today (yeah Florida!)  I'm thankful for my girl. 
 
 

Here is our Sunday Christmas pictures, they didn't do too good.



Selah was annoyed at waiting.  She turned her head away, you can see she is sitting straight up and is holding her head up on her own.  She has her spunk!



Then Sam was ready to EAT!  He was not pleased either!

 


Here they are all together......we are planning family pictures in the next week or so -hopefully they will turn out better. 







Shad dog sat for my friend and used his money to buy a new BB rifle and a real target.  He's had a lot of fun with it and does great with hitting the target.   The boy is southern through and through.  (don't worry he doesn't aim at animals or people)




a picture of our first fake tree and first in our own house tree we've had since Sam started walking!  Everyone including the cats and have done good with it ( before we put up a tree in the church and used our own ornaments) 

You can see a couple of the cats under it



This picture was taken the Sunday after Thanksgiving, after a great week we had to take Steve back to college to face finals.  We weren't going to see him for two weeks so I was sad.  He did great on finals, he got all A's & B's in his classes.  Pretty good!









the little people were sleepy



Well I've caught y'all up on our life.  I appreciate your thoughts and prayers over the next few weeks.  I wish I could just run away and not deal with any of this but I have to face it and get it over with. 

3 comments:

  1. So good to see an update - I too was wondering how you were getting on and was meaning to post message but somehow just didn't get round to it. Praying for you Yvonne, praying for peace for you and family and successful surgery. E x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures of your family! will be praying for you this Christmas season and always. a friend in Colorado

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pictures! Thanks for the update. Praying for all of you during this Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete