Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Picture Day & a Shad Surprise!


Just some random pictures



This is Sarah's way to tell us to PRAY with her at night!  It's so sweet.  As you can see I have her big girl bed on the floor so she can't roll off and hurt herself.



 (i had a essential oils diffuser on for her as she had a cold.)

And Daddy prays with her






"Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the Lord my soul to keep
The angels watch me through the night
And keep me in their blessed sight AMEN!"
then we pray for all our family by name, our nurses and Steve's friends

Sarah often lifts her hand up again and again for prayer LOL  it's so sweet



It's finally cool enough to be outside on the trampoline.  Sam likes being bounced.





Then we had Steve's 21st  Birthday party!  How is it possible that he is that old?





Jon and his brother on the patio with Vermont our cat.









Then we went to Tallahassee for a conference of Jon's.  During our time there I got to see some friends and one friend gave me this picture she had found of me taken on my 18th birthday !  LOL








This was the view from our hotel room-that's the state capital.




Shad and I took the kids for a tour of the old and new state capital.














We stopped by the governor's office:)








the view from the observation deck














We were by a Krispy Kreme









After Jon was finished with his conference we headed off to the St Mark's Lighthouse.























I loved going there as a child.  It's very much the "real Florida"


We then stopped in Perry my hometown to eat at one of it's famous restaurants.   Let me just say the grilled chicken and fried okra was amazing!!!!






On our way home we stopped at my family's grave yard.  All my folks are buried there.  It's located in Dixie County and goes back to the 1800's.  My great great grandparents are buried there.....and on down the line.  I try to stop when we are up that way and do a walk through every chance I get.  Lots of good people buried there, lots of folks that I love dearly.   It's way out in the woods in an area that used to be a small community at the turn of the 19th century.  Family members still live out there and farm.







Some scenes from our park where we go walking.







The way these trees are planted remind me of Ukraine.






In my neighborhood, I had to stop and take a picture!  How beautiful!







Shad loves to go target practicing.  We are members of a shooting club and like the safety features of having trained supervision.




Shad is a great shot.  He has shot more different kinds of guns and rifles than I ever have!!!





Here I am- I should have taken a picture of my target-I did really good even though the target was set at 20 feet.





the road home.....





We ordered these arm guards a few months ago because Sam has a bad habit of biting his arm/hands if he is upset.  We didn't start using them then, as we were able to work with him and bring the level of self harm down.  But he's back doing it again and I thought I'd try them and he's doing really good with them.  He wears them all day long with no complaining and it keeps him from biting himself.  Sam does things in a circular way-what i mean is for example  he will bite his arms/fingers and then we are able to work with him and he'll quit or do it alot less....then something upsets him one day and he starts back and can't stop without intervention.  We are hoping this will be a way to stop him for good.  Often i can pin point what causes the behavior to start and even if that is removed or changed, then he can't stop his behavior.  He had a very hard time with a friend who came to visit more than a month ago and had not been able to calm down since.  Also Steve's birthday party didn't help.   Sam does NOT like people in HIS house!   It's funny he can go anywhere and not mind people....but let them come in his house.......   this past summer Steve had a college friend over for a day and Sam got really upset.   That's when I ordered the arm guards but he calmed down with alot of help until my friend came.....   Sam has his RULES!  And he doesn't like his rules broken.  We are working on coping skills!!!







AND THE BIG SURPRISE YOU ALL HAVE BEEN WAITING ON......  LOOK CLOSELY.....




Shad got his new eye.  I had to tell him not to smile so you all could see it otherwise his face just crinkles up into laugh lines and you wouldn't be able to tell.  It looks fantastic and he is doing great with taking care of the shell himself.  He was fascinated by the whole process of watching it being made.  He had a really good experience and we think it will give him even more confidence (does he really need it?????)   It moves-it's something else!!!  I had no idea how real it would look.


Wow we covered alot in this blog.  Hope you enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment