Thursday, August 3, 2017

Summer 2017 Part 1 Cuba Cruise

Yes we are alive!!!!
I'm so sorry I've not been posting-I had a grand scheme to post weekly but .....it didn't happen!


What a summer we've had-lots of trips!

We finished up home school with Shad finishing all his 8th grade work so technically he is in high school now! (he should just be entering 8th grade this fall school is a year ahead)  Sam and Sarah worked on their goals and meet many of them in Lifeshkills and Communication.  Steve got home from his sophomore year of college-he made the Dean's List again:)

Jon and I headed off on a cruise to CUBA!
first we stopped at Key West....Oh Lord it was so HOT!









Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing and outdoor








Then on to CUBA
Havana at sunrise




We found an Russian Orthodox Church there.


yes there were old cars everywhere






Image may contain: sky and outdoor







Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing, sky and outdoor












































Cuba was bleak and oh so hot.......
I left the country with a feeling of sadness for the people.
We are still very interested in doing something to help special needs orphans in Cuba.  If you have any connections please email me at theclanton5@aol.com



A neighbor had two pregnant cats come up and each cat had 5 kittens LOL  We helped find one a home and then Shad begged me for another kitten to love ....of course I am such a loser and said yes!  So now we have 5 outside cats and 2 inside, Pumpkin Spice is her name and  she is sweet.  She stays on Steve's lap if he sits down I told him he'd have to take her to college with him!








I will write more about our summer this week-I promise!  I really am going to start blogging again!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment